Goran Dragic ejected from Eurobasket tune-up game after altercation with Turkey’s Dogus Balbay (VIDEO)
Aug 4, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Goran Dragic is playing for the Slovenian team during Eurobasket this summer, and in a tune-up game this weekend things got heated with him and a player from the team from Turkey to the point where he was ejected for his actions.
The play can be seen in the video clip above, and it appears that Dragic initiated the contact with a shove out of bounds after the foul was called, which resulted in Turkey’s Dogus Balbay throwing a punch at Dragic before the benches cleared and the officials intervened.
It can get a bit more real for guys when they suit up for their national teams, and that appears to have been the case with Dragic here. He’s always been known as a fiery competitor, but usually won’t initiate extra-curricular activity like this unless he’s been provoked for several possessions before the one that ultimately caused him to snap.
[via Paul Coro on Twitter]
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 7
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 7
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 19
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39