Goran Dragic ejected from Eurobasket tune-up game after altercation with Turkey’s Dogus Balbay (VIDEO)
Aug 4, 2013, 9:30 PM EDT
Goran Dragic is playing for the Slovenian team during Eurobasket this summer, and in a tune-up game this weekend things got heated with him and a player from the team from Turkey to the point where he was ejected for his actions.
The play can be seen in the video clip above, and it appears that Dragic initiated the contact with a shove out of bounds after the foul was called, which resulted in Turkey’s Dogus Balbay throwing a punch at Dragic before the benches cleared and the officials intervened.
It can get a bit more real for guys when they suit up for their national teams, and that appears to have been the case with Dragic here. He’s always been known as a fiery competitor, but usually won’t initiate extra-curricular activity like this unless he’s been provoked for several possessions before the one that ultimately caused him to snap.
[via Paul Coro on Twitter]
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 0
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 43