Aug 3, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
We’re at that time in the NBA offseason where there isn’t much going on, so any small bit of news of a free agent inching closer to deciding on a new destination becomes an element of interest.
The mini-frenzy created by Greg Oden’s signing with the Heat on Friday qualifies, considering he hasn’t played in the NBA the last three years and is still, even by his own account, a substantial ways away from contributing at the NBA level.
The Clippers, as they did near the beginning of free agency, seem to be interested in Jamison’s services.
Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported that Doc Rivers is scheduled to have dinner with Jamison on Saturday — presumably at an establishment with a slightly stronger menu selection than the Chili’s where Oden supposedly had dinner with Erik Spoelstra.
Jamison can still score, but defensively he is a liability, and that’s putting it mildly. But another veteran at the end of the bench for a team as deep as the Clippers can’t hurt, and if Rivers wants Jamison in place, he shouldn’t have much trouble convincing him to switch teams in Los Angeles.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13