Aug 3, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
We’re at that time in the NBA offseason where there isn’t much going on, so any small bit of news of a free agent inching closer to deciding on a new destination becomes an element of interest.
The mini-frenzy created by Greg Oden’s signing with the Heat on Friday qualifies, considering he hasn’t played in the NBA the last three years and is still, even by his own account, a substantial ways away from contributing at the NBA level.
The Clippers, as they did near the beginning of free agency, seem to be interested in Jamison’s services.
Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported that Doc Rivers is scheduled to have dinner with Jamison on Saturday — presumably at an establishment with a slightly stronger menu selection than the Chili’s where Oden supposedly had dinner with Erik Spoelstra.
Jamison can still score, but defensively he is a liability, and that’s putting it mildly. But another veteran at the end of the bench for a team as deep as the Clippers can’t hurt, and if Rivers wants Jamison in place, he shouldn’t have much trouble convincing him to switch teams in Los Angeles.
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 13
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 36
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 26
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2