Aug 3, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
We’re at that time in the NBA offseason where there isn’t much going on, so any small bit of news of a free agent inching closer to deciding on a new destination becomes an element of interest.
The mini-frenzy created by Greg Oden’s signing with the Heat on Friday qualifies, considering he hasn’t played in the NBA the last three years and is still, even by his own account, a substantial ways away from contributing at the NBA level.
The Clippers, as they did near the beginning of free agency, seem to be interested in Jamison’s services.
Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported that Doc Rivers is scheduled to have dinner with Jamison on Saturday — presumably at an establishment with a slightly stronger menu selection than the Chili’s where Oden supposedly had dinner with Erik Spoelstra.
Jamison can still score, but defensively he is a liability, and that’s putting it mildly. But another veteran at the end of the bench for a team as deep as the Clippers can’t hurt, and if Rivers wants Jamison in place, he shouldn’t have much trouble convincing him to switch teams in Los Angeles.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49