Aug 3, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
We’re at that time in the NBA offseason where there isn’t much going on, so any small bit of news of a free agent inching closer to deciding on a new destination becomes an element of interest.
The mini-frenzy created by Greg Oden’s signing with the Heat on Friday qualifies, considering he hasn’t played in the NBA the last three years and is still, even by his own account, a substantial ways away from contributing at the NBA level.
The Clippers, as they did near the beginning of free agency, seem to be interested in Jamison’s services.
Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported that Doc Rivers is scheduled to have dinner with Jamison on Saturday — presumably at an establishment with a slightly stronger menu selection than the Chili’s where Oden supposedly had dinner with Erik Spoelstra.
Jamison can still score, but defensively he is a liability, and that’s putting it mildly. But another veteran at the end of the bench for a team as deep as the Clippers can’t hurt, and if Rivers wants Jamison in place, he shouldn’t have much trouble convincing him to switch teams in Los Angeles.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29