Aug 3, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
We’re at that time in the NBA offseason where there isn’t much going on, so any small bit of news of a free agent inching closer to deciding on a new destination becomes an element of interest.
The mini-frenzy created by Greg Oden’s signing with the Heat on Friday qualifies, considering he hasn’t played in the NBA the last three years and is still, even by his own account, a substantial ways away from contributing at the NBA level.
The Clippers, as they did near the beginning of free agency, seem to be interested in Jamison’s services.
Marc Spears of Yahoo! Sports reported that Doc Rivers is scheduled to have dinner with Jamison on Saturday — presumably at an establishment with a slightly stronger menu selection than the Chili’s where Oden supposedly had dinner with Erik Spoelstra.
Jamison can still score, but defensively he is a liability, and that’s putting it mildly. But another veteran at the end of the bench for a team as deep as the Clippers can’t hurt, and if Rivers wants Jamison in place, he shouldn’t have much trouble convincing him to switch teams in Los Angeles.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9