Aug 3, 2013, 2:24 AM EDT
The teams that did not win the Greg Oden bidding (I refuse to call it a “sweepstakes” for a guy who hasn’t played since 2009) are now on the prowl for another reserve big.
With could be good news for guys such as Lou Amundson.
The free agent journeyman big may hearing his phone ring soon, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
At his best, Amundson is a good energy big off the bench, but we haven’t seen him at his best for a few years now (he bounced between three teams last season: Minnesota, Chicago and New Orleans). He’s a high energy defender but doesn’t contribute much on offense and the opposing team will let him take as many jumpers as he wants.
With Oden off the board someone will give Amundson a shot now. But likely for a unguaranteed one-year contract.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7