Aug 3, 2013, 2:24 AM EST
The teams that did not win the Greg Oden bidding (I refuse to call it a “sweepstakes” for a guy who hasn’t played since 2009) are now on the prowl for another reserve big.
With could be good news for guys such as Lou Amundson.
The free agent journeyman big may hearing his phone ring soon, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
At his best, Amundson is a good energy big off the bench, but we haven’t seen him at his best for a few years now (he bounced between three teams last season: Minnesota, Chicago and New Orleans). He’s a high energy defender but doesn’t contribute much on offense and the opposing team will let him take as many jumpers as he wants.
With Oden off the board someone will give Amundson a shot now. But likely for a unguaranteed one-year contract.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 39
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8