Aug 3, 2013, 2:24 AM EDT
The teams that did not win the Greg Oden bidding (I refuse to call it a “sweepstakes” for a guy who hasn’t played since 2009) are now on the prowl for another reserve big.
With could be good news for guys such as Lou Amundson.
The free agent journeyman big may hearing his phone ring soon, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
At his best, Amundson is a good energy big off the bench, but we haven’t seen him at his best for a few years now (he bounced between three teams last season: Minnesota, Chicago and New Orleans). He’s a high energy defender but doesn’t contribute much on offense and the opposing team will let him take as many jumpers as he wants.
With Oden off the board someone will give Amundson a shot now. But likely for a unguaranteed one-year contract.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 24
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7