Aug 3, 2013, 2:24 AM EDT
The teams that did not win the Greg Oden bidding (I refuse to call it a “sweepstakes” for a guy who hasn’t played since 2009) are now on the prowl for another reserve big.
With could be good news for guys such as Lou Amundson.
The free agent journeyman big may hearing his phone ring soon, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
At his best, Amundson is a good energy big off the bench, but we haven’t seen him at his best for a few years now (he bounced between three teams last season: Minnesota, Chicago and New Orleans). He’s a high energy defender but doesn’t contribute much on offense and the opposing team will let him take as many jumpers as he wants.
With Oden off the board someone will give Amundson a shot now. But likely for a unguaranteed one-year contract.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 11
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 37
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 49
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 17
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11