Aug 3, 2013, 2:24 AM EST
The teams that did not win the Greg Oden bidding (I refuse to call it a “sweepstakes” for a guy who hasn’t played since 2009) are now on the prowl for another reserve big.
With could be good news for guys such as Lou Amundson.
The free agent journeyman big may hearing his phone ring soon, tweets Marc Stein of ESPN.
At his best, Amundson is a good energy big off the bench, but we haven’t seen him at his best for a few years now (he bounced between three teams last season: Minnesota, Chicago and New Orleans). He’s a high energy defender but doesn’t contribute much on offense and the opposing team will let him take as many jumpers as he wants.
With Oden off the board someone will give Amundson a shot now. But likely for a unguaranteed one-year contract.
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 9
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 17
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 10
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36