Aug 3, 2013, 11:00 PM EDT
As you’ve undoubtedly heard by now, Greg Oden has chosen to make his NBA comeback with the Miami Heat next season.
If things get too hectic for Oden in the Heat locker room, or LeBron James tries to invoke some good-natured hazing upon his new teammate, all Oden needs to do is point the league MVP to this highlight from a few years back, where he can be seen swatting a shot from James into the stands.
Help-side blocked shots aren’t normally too much to get excited about, as the offensive player usually has no idea that another defender is in a position to rotate over and provide the requisite help. But this one in particular might help Oden in his new situation, considering the fact that he hasn’t graced an NBA roster since the end of the 2010 season.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16