Aug 3, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
As you’ve undoubtedly heard by now, Greg Oden has chosen to make his NBA comeback with the Miami Heat next season.
If things get too hectic for Oden in the Heat locker room, or LeBron James tries to invoke some good-natured hazing upon his new teammate, all Oden needs to do is point the league MVP to this highlight from a few years back, where he can be seen swatting a shot from James into the stands.
Help-side blocked shots aren’t normally too much to get excited about, as the offensive player usually has no idea that another defender is in a position to rotate over and provide the requisite help. But this one in particular might help Oden in his new situation, considering the fact that he hasn’t graced an NBA roster since the end of the 2010 season.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)