Aug 3, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Once Greg Oden made a decision to sign with the Miami Heat, it may have appeared a bit too easy to join the back-to-back defending champions on a veteran’s minimum deal in free agency.
Stevenson took to his Twitter account on Saturday to lobby for an employment opportunity in Miami — where he’d be on the same team as a player he once despised in LeBron James.
Miami Heat Where I Wanna Go!!! Lebron Make it Happen
— dsteve92 & JMarie (@DSteve92JMarie) August 4, 2013
This is hilarious on many fronts, but we’ll start by pointing out the most obvious.
Stevenson made a bit of a name for himself in his days with the Washington Wizards going at LeBron, and the feud between the two extended off the court into the area of hip-hop which ended up involving Soulja Boy and even Jay-Z.
The fact that Stevenson is now asking for LeBron’s blessing in landing on the roster to play alongside him is beyond amazing.
But forgetting the silly history between the two players, Stevenson isn’t exactly a championship caliber player at this stage of his career. He was hobbled by a knee injury last season, and managed to average just 5.1 points in 20.7 minutes per game, while appearing in 56 contests.
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 5
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)