Aug 3, 2013, 9:30 PM EST
Once Greg Oden made a decision to sign with the Miami Heat, it may have appeared a bit too easy to join the back-to-back defending champions on a veteran’s minimum deal in free agency.
Stevenson took to his Twitter account on Saturday to lobby for an employment opportunity in Miami — where he’d be on the same team as a player he once despised in LeBron James.
Miami Heat Where I Wanna Go!!! Lebron Make it Happen
— dsteve92 & JMarie (@DSteve92JMarie) August 4, 2013
This is hilarious on many fronts, but we’ll start by pointing out the most obvious.
Stevenson made a bit of a name for himself in his days with the Washington Wizards going at LeBron, and the feud between the two extended off the court into the area of hip-hop which ended up involving Soulja Boy and even Jay-Z.
The fact that Stevenson is now asking for LeBron’s blessing in landing on the roster to play alongside him is beyond amazing.
But forgetting the silly history between the two players, Stevenson isn’t exactly a championship caliber player at this stage of his career. He was hobbled by a knee injury last season, and managed to average just 5.1 points in 20.7 minutes per game, while appearing in 56 contests.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 7
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 18
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 14
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7