Aug 2, 2013, 10:17 AM EDT
When you’re the head coach of the Brooklyn Nets, you get invited to exclusive special movie screenings. That doesn’t happen much to the head coach of the Bucks (sorry to break it to you, Larry Drew).
Kidd was at the New York premiere of the new Matt Damon/Jodie Foster film “Elysium” (which looked good in the trailers) and got asked about movies, and his response was how he could use them as a coach.
Jason Kidd: I’m a big fan of the “Matrix.” I thought that was a classic, it kind of gave us something of what the future could be. But also some of the plot of this movie! He’s fighting for what he believes in and so it’s something that hopefully when I see them, now that I’m a coach, I can use this as one of my tools.
Q: Speaking of which, how have the new members of the Nets meshed with the team?
Jason Kidd: They’ve been great, we got a great group of guys. And so I’m very excited about the veteran guys and I’m looking forward to it. But you know, when you come to movies like this you pick up different things.
If Kidd could get Deron Williams to bend space and time like Neo in the “Matrix” it certainly would help Brooklyn’s transition game.
I guess these movies can serve as fine bits of motivation and lessons. But with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce on the roster now, motivation is not really going to be the issue. Melding and offense and defense that works will, and we will see how Kidd does with that.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15