Aug 2, 2013, 10:17 AM EST
When you’re the head coach of the Brooklyn Nets, you get invited to exclusive special movie screenings. That doesn’t happen much to the head coach of the Bucks (sorry to break it to you, Larry Drew).
Kidd was at the New York premiere of the new Matt Damon/Jodie Foster film “Elysium” (which looked good in the trailers) and got asked about movies, and his response was how he could use them as a coach.
Jason Kidd: I’m a big fan of the “Matrix.” I thought that was a classic, it kind of gave us something of what the future could be. But also some of the plot of this movie! He’s fighting for what he believes in and so it’s something that hopefully when I see them, now that I’m a coach, I can use this as one of my tools.
Q: Speaking of which, how have the new members of the Nets meshed with the team?
Jason Kidd: They’ve been great, we got a great group of guys. And so I’m very excited about the veteran guys and I’m looking forward to it. But you know, when you come to movies like this you pick up different things.
If Kidd could get Deron Williams to bend space and time like Neo in the “Matrix” it certainly would help Brooklyn’s transition game.
I guess these movies can serve as fine bits of motivation and lessons. But with Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce on the roster now, motivation is not really going to be the issue. Melding and offense and defense that works will, and we will see how Kidd does with that.
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 4
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 4
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6