Aug 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
I swear, the 76ers are going to hire a coach. It feels like we’re all waiting for Godot but in this case somebody will show up. (If I just spoiled Beckett’s play for you… it’s 60 years old, I’m not calling out “spoiler alert” on that.)
And the person that could show up in Philadelphia may be Brett Brown, the Spurs assistant.
That according to a tweet from Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Following our theme of waiting for someone, Brown interviewed for the Sixers job back in June. But Sixers GM Sam Hinkie has been diligent. Some would say slow (hello Charles Barkley!), but since Hinkie just got the job and should get a couple breaks to start, I’ll go with diligent.
Brown is set to be Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio now that the guy in that chair for a long time, Mike Budenholzer, moved on to coach the Hawks. But he could bolt for another job, he interviewed with the Nuggets as well before then went with Brian Shaw, and Brown has been discussed for other open jobs.
The Sixers also have interviewed David Vanterpool, Quin Snyder, Kenny Atkinson, David Fizdale and Jay Larranaga, that we know of. And probably Godot.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18