Aug 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EST
I swear, the 76ers are going to hire a coach. It feels like we’re all waiting for Godot but in this case somebody will show up. (If I just spoiled Beckett’s play for you… it’s 60 years old, I’m not calling out “spoiler alert” on that.)
And the person that could show up in Philadelphia may be Brett Brown, the Spurs assistant.
That according to a tweet from Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Following our theme of waiting for someone, Brown interviewed for the Sixers job back in June. But Sixers GM Sam Hinkie has been diligent. Some would say slow (hello Charles Barkley!), but since Hinkie just got the job and should get a couple breaks to start, I’ll go with diligent.
Brown is set to be Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio now that the guy in that chair for a long time, Mike Budenholzer, moved on to coach the Hawks. But he could bolt for another job, he interviewed with the Nuggets as well before then went with Brian Shaw, and Brown has been discussed for other open jobs.
The Sixers also have interviewed David Vanterpool, Quin Snyder, Kenny Atkinson, David Fizdale and Jay Larranaga, that we know of. And probably Godot.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 4
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8