Aug 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
I swear, the 76ers are going to hire a coach. It feels like we’re all waiting for Godot but in this case somebody will show up. (If I just spoiled Beckett’s play for you… it’s 60 years old, I’m not calling out “spoiler alert” on that.)
And the person that could show up in Philadelphia may be Brett Brown, the Spurs assistant.
That according to a tweet from Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Following our theme of waiting for someone, Brown interviewed for the Sixers job back in June. But Sixers GM Sam Hinkie has been diligent. Some would say slow (hello Charles Barkley!), but since Hinkie just got the job and should get a couple breaks to start, I’ll go with diligent.
Brown is set to be Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio now that the guy in that chair for a long time, Mike Budenholzer, moved on to coach the Hawks. But he could bolt for another job, he interviewed with the Nuggets as well before then went with Brian Shaw, and Brown has been discussed for other open jobs.
The Sixers also have interviewed David Vanterpool, Quin Snyder, Kenny Atkinson, David Fizdale and Jay Larranaga, that we know of. And probably Godot.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48