Aug 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
I swear, the 76ers are going to hire a coach. It feels like we’re all waiting for Godot but in this case somebody will show up. (If I just spoiled Beckett’s play for you… it’s 60 years old, I’m not calling out “spoiler alert” on that.)
And the person that could show up in Philadelphia may be Brett Brown, the Spurs assistant.
That according to a tweet from Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Following our theme of waiting for someone, Brown interviewed for the Sixers job back in June. But Sixers GM Sam Hinkie has been diligent. Some would say slow (hello Charles Barkley!), but since Hinkie just got the job and should get a couple breaks to start, I’ll go with diligent.
Brown is set to be Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio now that the guy in that chair for a long time, Mike Budenholzer, moved on to coach the Hawks. But he could bolt for another job, he interviewed with the Nuggets as well before then went with Brian Shaw, and Brown has been discussed for other open jobs.
The Sixers also have interviewed David Vanterpool, Quin Snyder, Kenny Atkinson, David Fizdale and Jay Larranaga, that we know of. And probably Godot.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 0
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35