Aug 1, 2013, 5:02 PM EDT
I swear, the 76ers are going to hire a coach. It feels like we’re all waiting for Godot but in this case somebody will show up. (If I just spoiled Beckett’s play for you… it’s 60 years old, I’m not calling out “spoiler alert” on that.)
And the person that could show up in Philadelphia may be Brett Brown, the Spurs assistant.
That according to a tweet from Keith Pompey of the Philadelphia Inquirer.
Following our theme of waiting for someone, Brown interviewed for the Sixers job back in June. But Sixers GM Sam Hinkie has been diligent. Some would say slow (hello Charles Barkley!), but since Hinkie just got the job and should get a couple breaks to start, I’ll go with diligent.
Brown is set to be Gregg Popovich’s lead assistant in San Antonio now that the guy in that chair for a long time, Mike Budenholzer, moved on to coach the Hawks. But he could bolt for another job, he interviewed with the Nuggets as well before then went with Brian Shaw, and Brown has been discussed for other open jobs.
The Sixers also have interviewed David Vanterpool, Quin Snyder, Kenny Atkinson, David Fizdale and Jay Larranaga, that we know of. And probably Godot.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37