Aug 1, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
The New Orleans Pelicans officially unveiled their uniforms for the upcoming season, and the simple design is underwhelming, at best.
No sign of the Pelicans logo, and no bright or interesting color scheme. Just the city’s name on the front of both the home and away jerseys, with some gold trim making its way down the sides.
Does the simpler design work for you, or would you rather have seen something more bold? They did say during the event that the NBA doesn’t allow new teams a third alternate jersey in their first season, so we can hold out hope for another year that they may go with something a little more interesting.
(And yes, we’re discussing uniform designs — it’s the NBA news cycle in August at its finest.)
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 2
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11