Aug 1, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
The New Orleans Pelicans officially unveiled their uniforms for the upcoming season, and the simple design is underwhelming, at best.
No sign of the Pelicans logo, and no bright or interesting color scheme. Just the city’s name on the front of both the home and away jerseys, with some gold trim making its way down the sides.
Does the simpler design work for you, or would you rather have seen something more bold? They did say during the event that the NBA doesn’t allow new teams a third alternate jersey in their first season, so we can hold out hope for another year that they may go with something a little more interesting.
(And yes, we’re discussing uniform designs — it’s the NBA news cycle in August at its finest.)
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38