Aug 1, 2013, 3:17 PM EST
Marcus Landry played well for the Lakers during Summer League in Las Vegas, averaging 15.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 26.8 minutes per game in five appearances.
That consistent level of production has earned Landry a shot to make the Lakers roster.
— marcus landry (@Mlandry11) July 31, 2013
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Landry’s deal has a small guarantee, which means he’s likely only gotten a foot in the door with a training camp invite for now.
But Landry did appear in 17 games for the Knicks during the 2009-10 season when Mike D’Antoni was New York’s head coach, so perhaps that connection will help him if the Lakers end up needing someone to fill the final spot on their roster.
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 2
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 20
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 42