Aug 1, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Marcus Landry played well for the Lakers during Summer League in Las Vegas, averaging 15.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 26.8 minutes per game in five appearances.
That consistent level of production has earned Landry a shot to make the Lakers roster.
— marcus landry (@Mlandry11) July 31, 2013
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Landry’s deal has a small guarantee, which means he’s likely only gotten a foot in the door with a training camp invite for now.
But Landry did appear in 17 games for the Knicks during the 2009-10 season when Mike D’Antoni was New York’s head coach, so perhaps that connection will help him if the Lakers end up needing someone to fill the final spot on their roster.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 5
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 8
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4