Aug 1, 2013, 3:17 PM EDT
Marcus Landry played well for the Lakers during Summer League in Las Vegas, averaging 15.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 26.8 minutes per game in five appearances.
That consistent level of production has earned Landry a shot to make the Lakers roster.
— marcus landry (@Mlandry11) July 31, 2013
Ramona Shelburne of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Landry’s deal has a small guarantee, which means he’s likely only gotten a foot in the door with a training camp invite for now.
But Landry did appear in 17 games for the Knicks during the 2009-10 season when Mike D’Antoni was New York’s head coach, so perhaps that connection will help him if the Lakers end up needing someone to fill the final spot on their roster.
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 9
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 25
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 68
- Report: Marc Gasol, Grizzlies reach deal on five-year, $110 million contract 8
- Manu Ginobili tweets he’ll play next season 5
- Who is left: 15 best free agents still on the board 14
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 38
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 36