Jul 31, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
Rockets forward Terrence Jones Wednesday pled not guilty to a harassment charge in his native Portland stemming from an incident where he allegedly kicked a homeless man outside a nightclub.
Jonathan Feigan of the Houston Chronicle had the details.
Everybody pleads “not guilty” at their arraignment, with any deals or a potential trial still in the future. It is likely some kind of plea deal is reached before this ever gets to any kind of trial.
Smart money says Jones and the Rockets simply want to have this go away as quickly and quietly as possible.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 22
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 26
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8