Jul 31, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
Rockets forward Terrence Jones Wednesday pled not guilty to a harassment charge in his native Portland stemming from an incident where he allegedly kicked a homeless man outside a nightclub.
Jonathan Feigan of the Houston Chronicle had the details.
Everybody pleads “not guilty” at their arraignment, with any deals or a potential trial still in the future. It is likely some kind of plea deal is reached before this ever gets to any kind of trial.
Smart money says Jones and the Rockets simply want to have this go away as quickly and quietly as possible.
- LeBron scores 36, Cavaliers bounce back to get overtime win over Bulls 4
- Ricky Rubio agrees to 4-year, $55 million contract extension with Timberwolves 6
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 13
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 13
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 11
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10