Jul 31, 2013, 10:57 PM EDT
Rockets forward Terrence Jones Wednesday pled not guilty to a harassment charge in his native Portland stemming from an incident where he allegedly kicked a homeless man outside a nightclub.
Jonathan Feigan of the Houston Chronicle had the details.
Everybody pleads “not guilty” at their arraignment, with any deals or a potential trial still in the future. It is likely some kind of plea deal is reached before this ever gets to any kind of trial.
Smart money says Jones and the Rockets simply want to have this go away as quickly and quietly as possible.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 6
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3