Jul 31, 2013, 11:21 PM EDT
The Wizards locked up John Wall with a five-year contract extension worth $80 million on Wednesday, and the news excited a couple of other big-time NBA players who will be due for similar extensions in the very near future.
Paul George of the Indiana Pacers started things on Twitter, when he sent out a message saying “80 ball!! Congrats to the bro JW!”
Not exactly top-secret encryption, there.
Kyrie Irving seconded George’s congratulations, and in this case his retweet was indeed an endorsement. George sent out Irving’s message to his followers, as well.
— Paul George (@Paul_George24) August 1, 2013
All three players spent time together last week at USA Basketball’s four-day minicamp in Las Vegas, but the bond doesn’t end there.
Irving and George will both be seeking max extensions like the one that Wall just signed, and are both viewed by their respective franchises as the cornerstone stars their teams will build around for the future.
There’s no doubt the two were not only excited for Wall, but also for themselves in terms of the contracts they’ll sign shortly that will be comparable in guaranteed dollars.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 12
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24