Jul 31, 2013, 7:47 PM EST
The full 2013-14 NBA schedule is likely to be released some time in the next couple of weeks, but there are certain entities (like the league’s broadcast partners, for example) that have seen as close to what will be the final draft as possible.
That’s one reason some of the marquee dates are beginning to become public knowledge, and we now have a couple more to pass along involving the Nets, the Knicks, and the defending champs.
Brooklyn’s home opener – which follows the season opener in Cleveland — is tentatively scheduled for Nov. 1 against the Heat, a source told the Daily News, reuniting Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce with Heat guard Ray Allen.
The Knicks, meanwhile, are scheduled to play the Heat at the Garden on Feb. 1, according to a league source, or the Saturday night before the Super Bowl at Met Life Stadium. The Knicks went 3-1 against Miami last season.
It makes sense to pack the Eastern Conference schedule with games that more casual fans will have interest in during the season’s opening week, and seeing the Brooklyn
Celtics Nets open at home against Miami as an early test is about as interesting as it gets.
As for the scheduling of the Knicks game against the Heat the night before the Super Bowl, considering the massive amount of high-profile athletes and celebrities that will likely be in attendance, the atmosphere there should be an absolute circus.
We now have received semi-official word of four of the Miami Heat’s marque dates for the upcoming season. The champs will reportedly host Derrick Rose and the Bulls on opening night, and will travel to Los Angeles to face the Lakers on Christmas Day.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 2
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 46
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 12