Jul 31, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Kurt Rambis may have been surprised Mike D’Antoni asked him to be an assistant coach (and it will make for an interesting dynamic around the team if the Lakers struggle) but he jumped at the chance. He’s excited about trying to coach a Lakers defense that lost Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, plus has Kobe Bryant coming off a severe injury. Have fun with that.
Rambis swung by the Dan Patrick Show, where Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated and NBC was filling in, and they had a wide ranging conversation that included the Lakers, his criticism of the team last season, Kobe Bryant’s return and, of course, Howard’s departure.
But they also talk Pistons locker room, Ricky Rubio and more. Enjoy.
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 14
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 34
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 85
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 56
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4