Jul 31, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Kurt Rambis may have been surprised Mike D’Antoni asked him to be an assistant coach (and it will make for an interesting dynamic around the team if the Lakers struggle) but he jumped at the chance. He’s excited about trying to coach a Lakers defense that lost Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, plus has Kobe Bryant coming off a severe injury. Have fun with that.
Rambis swung by the Dan Patrick Show, where Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated and NBC was filling in, and they had a wide ranging conversation that included the Lakers, his criticism of the team last season, Kobe Bryant’s return and, of course, Howard’s departure.
But they also talk Pistons locker room, Ricky Rubio and more. Enjoy.
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 0
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 4
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 21
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 10
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56