Jul 31, 2013, 1:59 PM EST
Kurt Rambis may have been surprised Mike D’Antoni asked him to be an assistant coach (and it will make for an interesting dynamic around the team if the Lakers struggle) but he jumped at the chance. He’s excited about trying to coach a Lakers defense that lost Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, plus has Kobe Bryant coming off a severe injury. Have fun with that.
Rambis swung by the Dan Patrick Show, where Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated and NBC was filling in, and they had a wide ranging conversation that included the Lakers, his criticism of the team last season, Kobe Bryant’s return and, of course, Howard’s departure.
But they also talk Pistons locker room, Ricky Rubio and more. Enjoy.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 0
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 40
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 12