Jul 31, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Kurt Rambis may have been surprised Mike D’Antoni asked him to be an assistant coach (and it will make for an interesting dynamic around the team if the Lakers struggle) but he jumped at the chance. He’s excited about trying to coach a Lakers defense that lost Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, plus has Kobe Bryant coming off a severe injury. Have fun with that.
Rambis swung by the Dan Patrick Show, where Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated and NBC was filling in, and they had a wide ranging conversation that included the Lakers, his criticism of the team last season, Kobe Bryant’s return and, of course, Howard’s departure.
But they also talk Pistons locker room, Ricky Rubio and more. Enjoy.
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 14
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0