Jul 31, 2013, 1:59 PM EDT
Kurt Rambis may have been surprised Mike D’Antoni asked him to be an assistant coach (and it will make for an interesting dynamic around the team if the Lakers struggle) but he jumped at the chance. He’s excited about trying to coach a Lakers defense that lost Dwight Howard and Metta World Peace, plus has Kobe Bryant coming off a severe injury. Have fun with that.
Rambis swung by the Dan Patrick Show, where Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated and NBC was filling in, and they had a wide ranging conversation that included the Lakers, his criticism of the team last season, Kobe Bryant’s return and, of course, Howard’s departure.
But they also talk Pistons locker room, Ricky Rubio and more. Enjoy.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 0
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 4
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 18
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32