Jul 31, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Josh Howard is a free agent, coming off a season where he played just 11 games and needed ACL surgery. Suffice to say that makes it a little hard to land a contract at age 33.
But Howard isn’t ready for his career to end.
He’s working out and plans to be back ready to go by the start of training camp, wherever that camp may be, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
It will be interesting to see who gives him a shot as he has missed at least 23 games each of the last five seasons, a guy who has two ACL surgeries, a guy who has had his game slip the last four season.
The other problem is that he’s not really knocking down threes anymore nor can he really create off the dribble to get at the rim. So he’s basically a long midrange shooter, something teams will shy away from.
If his knees are right, he can bring you some defense. Maybe a team will take a shot with a minimum deal, but Howard is going to have to prove he’s still got something to give a team.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 2
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 12
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34