Jul 31, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Josh Howard is a free agent, coming off a season where he played just 11 games and needed ACL surgery. Suffice to say that makes it a little hard to land a contract at age 33.
But Howard isn’t ready for his career to end.
He’s working out and plans to be back ready to go by the start of training camp, wherever that camp may be, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
It will be interesting to see who gives him a shot as he has missed at least 23 games each of the last five seasons, a guy who has two ACL surgeries, a guy who has had his game slip the last four season.
The other problem is that he’s not really knocking down threes anymore nor can he really create off the dribble to get at the rim. So he’s basically a long midrange shooter, something teams will shy away from.
If his knees are right, he can bring you some defense. Maybe a team will take a shot with a minimum deal, but Howard is going to have to prove he’s still got something to give a team.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)