Jul 31, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
Josh Howard is a free agent, coming off a season where he played just 11 games and needed ACL surgery. Suffice to say that makes it a little hard to land a contract at age 33.
But Howard isn’t ready for his career to end.
He’s working out and plans to be back ready to go by the start of training camp, wherever that camp may be, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
It will be interesting to see who gives him a shot as he has missed at least 23 games each of the last five seasons, a guy who has two ACL surgeries, a guy who has had his game slip the last four season.
The other problem is that he’s not really knocking down threes anymore nor can he really create off the dribble to get at the rim. So he’s basically a long midrange shooter, something teams will shy away from.
If his knees are right, he can bring you some defense. Maybe a team will take a shot with a minimum deal, but Howard is going to have to prove he’s still got something to give a team.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11