Jul 31, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Josh Howard is a free agent, coming off a season where he played just 11 games and needed ACL surgery. Suffice to say that makes it a little hard to land a contract at age 33.
But Howard isn’t ready for his career to end.
He’s working out and plans to be back ready to go by the start of training camp, wherever that camp may be, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
It will be interesting to see who gives him a shot as he has missed at least 23 games each of the last five seasons, a guy who has two ACL surgeries, a guy who has had his game slip the last four season.
The other problem is that he’s not really knocking down threes anymore nor can he really create off the dribble to get at the rim. So he’s basically a long midrange shooter, something teams will shy away from.
If his knees are right, he can bring you some defense. Maybe a team will take a shot with a minimum deal, but Howard is going to have to prove he’s still got something to give a team.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 1
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 15
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 16
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6