Jul 31, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Josh Howard is a free agent, coming off a season where he played just 11 games and needed ACL surgery. Suffice to say that makes it a little hard to land a contract at age 33.
But Howard isn’t ready for his career to end.
He’s working out and plans to be back ready to go by the start of training camp, wherever that camp may be, he told Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports.
It will be interesting to see who gives him a shot as he has missed at least 23 games each of the last five seasons, a guy who has two ACL surgeries, a guy who has had his game slip the last four season.
The other problem is that he’s not really knocking down threes anymore nor can he really create off the dribble to get at the rim. So he’s basically a long midrange shooter, something teams will shy away from.
If his knees are right, he can bring you some defense. Maybe a team will take a shot with a minimum deal, but Howard is going to have to prove he’s still got something to give a team.
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 5
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 36
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 39
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17