Jul 31, 2013, 1:18 AM EST
Earlier today we told you that Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the New York Knick who is credited with the first basket in NBA history — passed away at the age of 94.
Well, here is video from that game, and you can see Schectman and his teammates talk about the game and the basket, part of an old NBA.com documentary. You kids at home should note how they passed the ball beautifully on the break to get the easy basket.
It’s a pretty cool little part of NBA history.
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 0
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 4
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 21
- Report: Knicks met with Phil Jackson about coaching them 38
- Extra Pass: Golden State Warriors defending at historically high level 5