Jul 31, 2013, 1:18 AM EDT
Earlier today we told you that Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the New York Knick who is credited with the first basket in NBA history — passed away at the age of 94.
Well, here is video from that game, and you can see Schectman and his teammates talk about the game and the basket, part of an old NBA.com documentary. You kids at home should note how they passed the ball beautifully on the break to get the easy basket.
It’s a pretty cool little part of NBA history.
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 0
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 13
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 10
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 38