Jul 31, 2013, 1:18 AM EST
Earlier today we told you that Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the New York Knick who is credited with the first basket in NBA history — passed away at the age of 94.
Well, here is video from that game, and you can see Schectman and his teammates talk about the game and the basket, part of an old NBA.com documentary. You kids at home should note how they passed the ball beautifully on the break to get the easy basket.
It’s a pretty cool little part of NBA history.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 1
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 43
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 16
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 12