Jul 31, 2013, 1:18 AM EDT
Earlier today we told you that Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the New York Knick who is credited with the first basket in NBA history — passed away at the age of 94.
Well, here is video from that game, and you can see Schectman and his teammates talk about the game and the basket, part of an old NBA.com documentary. You kids at home should note how they passed the ball beautifully on the break to get the easy basket.
It’s a pretty cool little part of NBA history.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 0
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 53
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9