Jul 31, 2013, 1:18 AM EDT
Earlier today we told you that Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the New York Knick who is credited with the first basket in NBA history — passed away at the age of 94.
Well, here is video from that game, and you can see Schectman and his teammates talk about the game and the basket, part of an old NBA.com documentary. You kids at home should note how they passed the ball beautifully on the break to get the easy basket.
It’s a pretty cool little part of NBA history.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 6
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 10
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 32
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8