Jul 31, 2013, 1:18 AM EDT
Earlier today we told you that Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the New York Knick who is credited with the first basket in NBA history — passed away at the age of 94.
Well, here is video from that game, and you can see Schectman and his teammates talk about the game and the basket, part of an old NBA.com documentary. You kids at home should note how they passed the ball beautifully on the break to get the easy basket.
It’s a pretty cool little part of NBA history.
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 0
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 14
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 23
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12