Jul 31, 2013, 1:18 AM EDT
Earlier today we told you that Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the New York Knick who is credited with the first basket in NBA history — passed away at the age of 94.
Well, here is video from that game, and you can see Schectman and his teammates talk about the game and the basket, part of an old NBA.com documentary. You kids at home should note how they passed the ball beautifully on the break to get the easy basket.
It’s a pretty cool little part of NBA history.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16