Jul 31, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Nearly a month ago Devin Harris had a three-year, $9 million deal set to return to the Dallas Mavericks, the team that traded him away in 2008 (for some guy named Jason Kidd). All Harris had to do was pass the team physical…
And he didn’t. The physical found a dislocated toe that was going to require surgery to repair. The deal was off.
But the two sides kept talking, and while Harris will make less the two sides have reached a new deal. Still waiting on the exact terms, but the deal was reached.
Harris, once healthy, will back up Jose Calderon at the point for Dallas. Harris averaged 9.9 points and 3.4 assists a game for the Hawks last season.
Dallas also has just drafted rookie Shane Larkin who can play the point, but he is recovering from a broken ankle.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 11
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 17
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 51
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22