Jul 31, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Nearly a month ago Devin Harris had a three-year, $9 million deal set to return to the Dallas Mavericks, the team that traded him away in 2008 (for some guy named Jason Kidd). All Harris had to do was pass the team physical…
And he didn’t. The physical found a dislocated toe that was going to require surgery to repair. The deal was off.
But the two sides kept talking, and while Harris will make less the two sides have reached a new deal. Still waiting on the exact terms, but the deal was reached.
Harris, once healthy, will back up Jose Calderon at the point for Dallas. Harris averaged 9.9 points and 3.4 assists a game for the Hawks last season.
Dallas also has just drafted rookie Shane Larkin who can play the point, but he is recovering from a broken ankle.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 3
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 13
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 12
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36