Jul 31, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Nearly a month ago Devin Harris had a three-year, $9 million deal set to return to the Dallas Mavericks, the team that traded him away in 2008 (for some guy named Jason Kidd). All Harris had to do was pass the team physical…
And he didn’t. The physical found a dislocated toe that was going to require surgery to repair. The deal was off.
But the two sides kept talking, and while Harris will make less the two sides have reached a new deal. Still waiting on the exact terms, but the deal was reached.
Harris, once healthy, will back up Jose Calderon at the point for Dallas. Harris averaged 9.9 points and 3.4 assists a game for the Hawks last season.
Dallas also has just drafted rookie Shane Larkin who can play the point, but he is recovering from a broken ankle.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2