Jul 31, 2013, 6:28 PM EST
Nearly a month ago Devin Harris had a three-year, $9 million deal set to return to the Dallas Mavericks, the team that traded him away in 2008 (for some guy named Jason Kidd). All Harris had to do was pass the team physical…
And he didn’t. The physical found a dislocated toe that was going to require surgery to repair. The deal was off.
But the two sides kept talking, and while Harris will make less the two sides have reached a new deal. Still waiting on the exact terms, but the deal was reached.
Harris, once healthy, will back up Jose Calderon at the point for Dallas. Harris averaged 9.9 points and 3.4 assists a game for the Hawks last season.
Dallas also has just drafted rookie Shane Larkin who can play the point, but he is recovering from a broken ankle.
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 1
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 1
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 15
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)