Jul 31, 2013, 6:28 PM EDT
Nearly a month ago Devin Harris had a three-year, $9 million deal set to return to the Dallas Mavericks, the team that traded him away in 2008 (for some guy named Jason Kidd). All Harris had to do was pass the team physical…
And he didn’t. The physical found a dislocated toe that was going to require surgery to repair. The deal was off.
But the two sides kept talking, and while Harris will make less the two sides have reached a new deal. Still waiting on the exact terms, but the deal was reached.
Harris, once healthy, will back up Jose Calderon at the point for Dallas. Harris averaged 9.9 points and 3.4 assists a game for the Hawks last season.
Dallas also has just drafted rookie Shane Larkin who can play the point, but he is recovering from a broken ankle.
- Down 13 Rockets finally play with desperation, come back to beat Clippers, even series 1-1 3
- LeBron’s big night helps Cavs recover to tie series with Bulls 11
- Chris Paul out Game 2 against Rockets 1
- Report: Bulls’ Jimmy Butler wins Most Improved Player 5
- PBT Extra: Mike Conley changes series, but Warriors will start to hit shots again 4
- Last summer Blake Griffin talked to Tim Duncan about leadership 7
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 19
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 4