Jul 30, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the man credited with scoring the first basket in the first ever NBA game (then called the BAA) — has passed away at the age of 94.
He played a little before my time (1946-47) but the NBA History twitter feed did a nice tribute to him, which we pass along part of.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 74
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20