Jul 30, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the man credited with scoring the first basket in the first ever NBA game (then called the BAA) — has passed away at the age of 94.
He played a little before my time (1946-47) but the NBA History twitter feed did a nice tribute to him, which we pass along part of.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 3
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29