Jul 30, 2013, 4:48 PM EST
Oscar B. “Ossie” Schectman — the man credited with scoring the first basket in the first ever NBA game (then called the BAA) — has passed away at the age of 94.
He played a little before my time (1946-47) but the NBA History twitter feed did a nice tribute to him, which we pass along part of.
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 0
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 6
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 5
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 10
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 23
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 7
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 4
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 25