Jul 30, 2013, 11:59 AM EST
You look at a picture of Chris Mullin and you don’t think “that guy has a lot of playground in his game,” but Mullin was a showman. He was not only arguably the best pure shooter of his generation but he had an all-around game, he could pass, he ran the floor, he played good overall ball.
Mullin, the guy who resurrected St. John’s, became a New York hero and was a member of the great Run TMC teams of the Warriors, he was a member of the 1992 original Dream team, and is now rightfully a Hall of Famer.
Mullin turns 50 today. Happy birthday Chris.
For fun, here is his Hall of Fame induction video.
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 0
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 3
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 9
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 21
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)