Jul 30, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
You look at a picture of Chris Mullin and you don’t think “that guy has a lot of playground in his game,” but Mullin was a showman. He was not only arguably the best pure shooter of his generation but he had an all-around game, he could pass, he ran the floor, he played good overall ball.
Mullin, the guy who resurrected St. John’s, became a New York hero and was a member of the great Run TMC teams of the Warriors, he was a member of the 1992 original Dream team, and is now rightfully a Hall of Famer.
Mullin turns 50 today. Happy birthday Chris.
For fun, here is his Hall of Fame induction video.
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11