Jul 30, 2013, 11:59 AM EDT
You look at a picture of Chris Mullin and you don’t think “that guy has a lot of playground in his game,” but Mullin was a showman. He was not only arguably the best pure shooter of his generation but he had an all-around game, he could pass, he ran the floor, he played good overall ball.
Mullin, the guy who resurrected St. John’s, became a New York hero and was a member of the great Run TMC teams of the Warriors, he was a member of the 1992 original Dream team, and is now rightfully a Hall of Famer.
Mullin turns 50 today. Happy birthday Chris.
For fun, here is his Hall of Fame induction video.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 26
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 34
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 20
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 7