Jul 29, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
In case you needed a reminder that Barcelona’s goal scoring machine Lionel Messi is the most famous athlete in the world…
Nate Robinson — not usually the name that first comes to mind when you think of when you say “NBA soccer fan” — will honor Messi by wearing his No. 10 in Denver.
I’m going to change it up and wear No. 10. I’m going to wear it for [Lionel] Messi, that’s my favorite soccer player. I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA lately and watching the games. He’s the best little guy to do it and I’ve got to be the best little guy to do it at No. 10 in the NBA. That’s my goal.
Nate Robinson off the bench behind Ty Lawson is going to be a strong 1-2 punch in Denver at the one spot. How the team adapts to the loss of Andre Iguodala remains to be seen but Denver certainly is going to be entertaining. And they’ll win a fair amount of games.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 31
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5