Jul 29, 2013, 11:34 AM EST
In case you needed a reminder that Barcelona’s goal scoring machine Lionel Messi is the most famous athlete in the world…
Nate Robinson — not usually the name that first comes to mind when you think of when you say “NBA soccer fan” — will honor Messi by wearing his No. 10 in Denver.
I’m going to change it up and wear No. 10. I’m going to wear it for [Lionel] Messi, that’s my favorite soccer player. I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA lately and watching the games. He’s the best little guy to do it and I’ve got to be the best little guy to do it at No. 10 in the NBA. That’s my goal.
Nate Robinson off the bench behind Ty Lawson is going to be a strong 1-2 punch in Denver at the one spot. How the team adapts to the loss of Andre Iguodala remains to be seen but Denver certainly is going to be entertaining. And they’ll win a fair amount of games.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11