Jul 29, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
In case you needed a reminder that Barcelona’s goal scoring machine Lionel Messi is the most famous athlete in the world…
Nate Robinson — not usually the name that first comes to mind when you think of when you say “NBA soccer fan” — will honor Messi by wearing his No. 10 in Denver.
I’m going to change it up and wear No. 10. I’m going to wear it for [Lionel] Messi, that’s my favorite soccer player. I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA lately and watching the games. He’s the best little guy to do it and I’ve got to be the best little guy to do it at No. 10 in the NBA. That’s my goal.
Nate Robinson off the bench behind Ty Lawson is going to be a strong 1-2 punch in Denver at the one spot. How the team adapts to the loss of Andre Iguodala remains to be seen but Denver certainly is going to be entertaining. And they’ll win a fair amount of games.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 6
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 15
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18