Jul 29, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
In case you needed a reminder that Barcelona’s goal scoring machine Lionel Messi is the most famous athlete in the world…
Nate Robinson — not usually the name that first comes to mind when you think of when you say “NBA soccer fan” — will honor Messi by wearing his No. 10 in Denver.
I’m going to change it up and wear No. 10. I’m going to wear it for [Lionel] Messi, that’s my favorite soccer player. I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA lately and watching the games. He’s the best little guy to do it and I’ve got to be the best little guy to do it at No. 10 in the NBA. That’s my goal.
Nate Robinson off the bench behind Ty Lawson is going to be a strong 1-2 punch in Denver at the one spot. How the team adapts to the loss of Andre Iguodala remains to be seen but Denver certainly is going to be entertaining. And they’ll win a fair amount of games.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32