Jul 29, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
In case you needed a reminder that Barcelona’s goal scoring machine Lionel Messi is the most famous athlete in the world…
Nate Robinson — not usually the name that first comes to mind when you think of when you say “NBA soccer fan” — will honor Messi by wearing his No. 10 in Denver.
I’m going to change it up and wear No. 10. I’m going to wear it for [Lionel] Messi, that’s my favorite soccer player. I’ve been playing a lot of FIFA lately and watching the games. He’s the best little guy to do it and I’ve got to be the best little guy to do it at No. 10 in the NBA. That’s my goal.
Nate Robinson off the bench behind Ty Lawson is going to be a strong 1-2 punch in Denver at the one spot. How the team adapts to the loss of Andre Iguodala remains to be seen but Denver certainly is going to be entertaining. And they’ll win a fair amount of games.
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 3
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 15
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7