Jul 29, 2013, 7:21 PM EST
Grant Hill would make a good broadcaster.
Watch him on the set of TNT’s “Inside the NBA” when he announces his retirement — he is a natural. Good insight and he’s able to communicate it clearly (the second part is often the tricky part for players trying to adapt to the broadcast world).
So it’s no shock that networks are coming after him and he is in negotiations to be a broadcaster, something he told the IMG Academy Web site (via the Orlando Sentinel)… oh, and he’s also going to continue to make a lot of money doing other stuff. Which is nice for him.
But I’m very excited about the next phase and some broadcasting things I’m looking at some things that we’re working on right now with some of the major networks, so that is something that can keep you in and around the game and around sports. I have a family office in Orlando, and we do a number of things – multi-family apartments, commercial real estate and we’ve been doing that for a while. Then I’m a partner in a fund; we have a mezzanine fund that invests in small businesses and raised a good amount of money. So there’s some things in the business world, some things in sports. I look forward to being more active in the political process, fundraisers and things like that.
No word on whom Hill would be working with or in what capacity (ABC is reworking it’s pregame show, but there are a multitude of opportunities).
Personally, wherever it is I will be happy to see Hill on my television screen.
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)