Jul 29, 2013, 7:21 PM EDT
Grant Hill would make a good broadcaster.
Watch him on the set of TNT’s “Inside the NBA” when he announces his retirement — he is a natural. Good insight and he’s able to communicate it clearly (the second part is often the tricky part for players trying to adapt to the broadcast world).
So it’s no shock that networks are coming after him and he is in negotiations to be a broadcaster, something he told the IMG Academy Web site (via the Orlando Sentinel)… oh, and he’s also going to continue to make a lot of money doing other stuff. Which is nice for him.
But I’m very excited about the next phase and some broadcasting things I’m looking at some things that we’re working on right now with some of the major networks, so that is something that can keep you in and around the game and around sports. I have a family office in Orlando, and we do a number of things – multi-family apartments, commercial real estate and we’ve been doing that for a while. Then I’m a partner in a fund; we have a mezzanine fund that invests in small businesses and raised a good amount of money. So there’s some things in the business world, some things in sports. I look forward to being more active in the political process, fundraisers and things like that.
No word on whom Hill would be working with or in what capacity (ABC is reworking it’s pregame show, but there are a multitude of opportunities).
Personally, wherever it is I will be happy to see Hill on my television screen.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18