Jul 29, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
Well, this is not ideal.
Boston draft pick out of Gonzaga Kelly Olynyk looked good in the Orlando Summer League, like the Celtics may have a piece that can be part of their future as they rebuild.
A lot of basketball players suffer from plantar fasciitis, which is an inflammation of the connective tissue that runs a long the bottom of the foot. It’s an overuse injury (which can be exacerbated by other factors such as shoe fit).
The only way to recover is really rest (there are other things that help, but you need rest). This is something that depending on the severity could be fine and not bother him during the regular season. But it’s something to watch.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 13
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8