Jul 29, 2013, 1:26 PM EST
Well, this is not ideal.
Boston draft pick out of Gonzaga Kelly Olynyk looked good in the Orlando Summer League, like the Celtics may have a piece that can be part of their future as they rebuild.
A lot of basketball players suffer from plantar fasciitis, which is an inflammation of the connective tissue that runs a long the bottom of the foot. It’s an overuse injury (which can be exacerbated by other factors such as shoe fit).
The only way to recover is really rest (there are other things that help, but you need rest). This is something that depending on the severity could be fine and not bother him during the regular season. But it’s something to watch.
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 3
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20