Behind the scenes with Chauncey Billups during his return to the Pistons (VIDEO)

Jul 28, 2013, 10:30 PM EST

Chauncey Billups returned to the Pistons in free agency, the team where he made a name for himself after winning a Finals MVP award back in 2004.

Billups was traded away in the ill-fated deal that brought Allen Iverson to Detroit in 2009, but he’s back to finish his career in the place where he spent his most meaningful NBA years.

This video clip follows Billups on the day he was re-introduced, and it’s clear that he couldn’t be more excited to be back in Detroit — which is probably why there are talks of him moving into a front office role with the team once his playing days are finished.

1. andrexdrummondxforxdpoy - Jul 28, 2013 at 11:00 PM

The most fitting trade of the offseason

2. xLith - Jul 28, 2013 at 11:27 PM

That cinematography was excellent. I am glad he’s back in Detroit. I’m a Rockets fan first and Pistons fan second. Hopefully they can make a little run this year.

3. jimsjam33 - Jul 29, 2013 at 2:26 AM

An over the hill veteran who hasn’t realized it’s time to go out . He still wants the love , the money , and the respect of a star , but sadly , in short time Detroit will realize his playing days and father time have caught up to Chauncey and that he is a shell of what he once was .

• dezglobal - Jul 30, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I’m guessing you liked you’re own comment.

4. jaerba - Jul 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I know it’s a low impact change on the court, but I can’t help but smile at this. :)

So glad to have Chauncey back.

5. ocgunslinger - Jul 29, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Never was a Detroit fan and wasn’t high on Chauncey. Changed my mind about Chauncey….he is first class and a real leader. Detroit still carries the stigma of Thomas in my mind.

Could Sixers be worst team in NBA history?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches