Jul 28, 2013, 10:30 PM EST
Billups was traded away in the ill-fated deal that brought Allen Iverson to Detroit in 2009, but he’s back to finish his career in the place where he spent his most meaningful NBA years.
This video clip follows Billups on the day he was re-introduced, and it’s clear that he couldn’t be more excited to be back in Detroit — which is probably why there are talks of him moving into a front office role with the team once his playing days are finished.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42