Jul 27, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT
Marcus Camby is an unrestricted free agent, thank you very much Raptors.
And big men who can protect the rim have real value around the league, so it is no shock the guy traded to then set free by Toronto has other suitors.
Nothing has come together yet, but the Bulls and Rockets are the frontrunners reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
The Heat are one of the frontrunners for Greg Oden, they don’t need him and Camby and that could be part of the situation.
Camby has taken and passed his physical with the Rockets, according to reports.
Camby is at the end of his career, he didn’t want to be in Toronto as part of a rebuilding project, he wanted to be in a place he could win. The Bulls and Rockets are potentially contenders (we’ve got questions), but the Heat seem out of the mix so it will be one of those two. Apparently.
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 0
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 32
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 47
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 16
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 9
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11