Jul 27, 2013, 12:30 AM EST
Marcus Camby is an unrestricted free agent, thank you very much Raptors.
And big men who can protect the rim have real value around the league, so it is no shock the guy traded to then set free by Toronto has other suitors.
Nothing has come together yet, but the Bulls and Rockets are the frontrunners reports Chris Tomasson of Fox Sports Florida.
The Heat are one of the frontrunners for Greg Oden, they don’t need him and Camby and that could be part of the situation.
Camby has taken and passed his physical with the Rockets, according to reports.
Camby is at the end of his career, he didn’t want to be in Toronto as part of a rebuilding project, he wanted to be in a place he could win. The Bulls and Rockets are potentially contenders (we’ve got questions), but the Heat seem out of the mix so it will be one of those two. Apparently.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16