Jul 27, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
When the Spurs pulled the qualifying offer they had out to Gary Neal, it made him an unrestricted free agent.
He wasn’t expected to stay on the market for very long, and now it appears as though he could be scooped up as soon as today.
From Marc Stein of ESPN.com:
Hearing: Bucks closing in on completing signing of Gary Neal after sources say Neal’s agent David Bauman no longer in negotiations w/Hawks
MIL & ATL were top two pursuers after Spurs withdrew qualifying offer to make Neal unrestricted free agent. Deal w/Bucks now expected today
Although Neal is a nice player (depending on how the details of the contract will shake out), as with all of Milwaukee’s offseason moves, this one doesn’t seem to fit any particular plan.
Neal averaged 9.5 points in 21.8 minutes per game for the Spurs during the regular season, and played 18.1 minutes per game for them in 21 postsason appearances last year.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 0
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 3
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 6
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 7
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31