Jul 27, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
When talking at Summer League, people around the associated seemed surprised that Mo Williams was still on the board as a free agent. Williams isn’t elite but he is a solid veteran — 12.9 points and 6.2 assists a game last season, plus he shot 38 percent from three.
The most likely landing spot for him appears to be back with the Jazz, kind of a mentor to rookie Troy Burke.
The Heat is among teams that has shown some interest in free agent point guard Mo Williams. And Williams is said to have interest in Miami if he doesn’t get an offer higher than the minimum.
It’s all about the Benjamins. Williams deserves more than the minimum but at this point may not get it (or not much more). If the money is close to equal, why wouldn’t he head to Miami where he would get minutes (in tandem with Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole) at the one?
Just something to watch. Whoever lands Williams at the minimum or near it will have a good value for the price.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 39
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 53
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42