Jul 27, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
When talking at Summer League, people around the associated seemed surprised that Mo Williams was still on the board as a free agent. Williams isn’t elite but he is a solid veteran — 12.9 points and 6.2 assists a game last season, plus he shot 38 percent from three.
The most likely landing spot for him appears to be back with the Jazz, kind of a mentor to rookie Troy Burke.
The Heat is among teams that has shown some interest in free agent point guard Mo Williams. And Williams is said to have interest in Miami if he doesn’t get an offer higher than the minimum.
It’s all about the Benjamins. Williams deserves more than the minimum but at this point may not get it (or not much more). If the money is close to equal, why wouldn’t he head to Miami where he would get minutes (in tandem with Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole) at the one?
Just something to watch. Whoever lands Williams at the minimum or near it will have a good value for the price.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 2
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18