Jul 27, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
When talking at Summer League, people around the associated seemed surprised that Mo Williams was still on the board as a free agent. Williams isn’t elite but he is a solid veteran — 12.9 points and 6.2 assists a game last season, plus he shot 38 percent from three.
The most likely landing spot for him appears to be back with the Jazz, kind of a mentor to rookie Troy Burke.
The Heat is among teams that has shown some interest in free agent point guard Mo Williams. And Williams is said to have interest in Miami if he doesn’t get an offer higher than the minimum.
It’s all about the Benjamins. Williams deserves more than the minimum but at this point may not get it (or not much more). If the money is close to equal, why wouldn’t he head to Miami where he would get minutes (in tandem with Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole) at the one?
Just something to watch. Whoever lands Williams at the minimum or near it will have a good value for the price.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 4
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 1
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 6
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 14