Jul 27, 2013, 5:00 PM EDT
When talking at Summer League, people around the associated seemed surprised that Mo Williams was still on the board as a free agent. Williams isn’t elite but he is a solid veteran — 12.9 points and 6.2 assists a game last season, plus he shot 38 percent from three.
The most likely landing spot for him appears to be back with the Jazz, kind of a mentor to rookie Troy Burke.
The Heat is among teams that has shown some interest in free agent point guard Mo Williams. And Williams is said to have interest in Miami if he doesn’t get an offer higher than the minimum.
It’s all about the Benjamins. Williams deserves more than the minimum but at this point may not get it (or not much more). If the money is close to equal, why wouldn’t he head to Miami where he would get minutes (in tandem with Mario Chalmers and Norris Cole) at the one?
Just something to watch. Whoever lands Williams at the minimum or near it will have a good value for the price.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 40
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3