Jul 26, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Denver found its backup center — a guy already on their bench.
Mozgov played a very limited role for the Nuggets last season as the third center on the roster, but with the trade of Kosta Kufos to Memphis Mozgov will step into the backup role behind JaVale McGee. When he’s gotten on the court the past couple years for Denver he’s been a solid rebounder and shoots a good percentage (50.6 percent last season), but he’s been very turnover prone.
Mozgov came over to Denver from the Knicks as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
He was not a favorite of George Karl’s, now Brian Shaw will give him more of a chance. We will see what he can do with it.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 11
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11