Jul 26, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Denver found its backup center — a guy already on their bench.
Mozgov played a very limited role for the Nuggets last season as the third center on the roster, but with the trade of Kosta Kufos to Memphis Mozgov will step into the backup role behind JaVale McGee. When he’s gotten on the court the past couple years for Denver he’s been a solid rebounder and shoots a good percentage (50.6 percent last season), but he’s been very turnover prone.
Mozgov came over to Denver from the Knicks as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
He was not a favorite of George Karl’s, now Brian Shaw will give him more of a chance. We will see what he can do with it.
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 29
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 22
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 42
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 5