Jul 26, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Denver found its backup center — a guy already on their bench.
Mozgov played a very limited role for the Nuggets last season as the third center on the roster, but with the trade of Kosta Kufos to Memphis Mozgov will step into the backup role behind JaVale McGee. When he’s gotten on the court the past couple years for Denver he’s been a solid rebounder and shoots a good percentage (50.6 percent last season), but he’s been very turnover prone.
Mozgov came over to Denver from the Knicks as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
He was not a favorite of George Karl’s, now Brian Shaw will give him more of a chance. We will see what he can do with it.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 10
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 19
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14