Jul 26, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Denver found its backup center — a guy already on their bench.
Mozgov played a very limited role for the Nuggets last season as the third center on the roster, but with the trade of Kosta Kufos to Memphis Mozgov will step into the backup role behind JaVale McGee. When he’s gotten on the court the past couple years for Denver he’s been a solid rebounder and shoots a good percentage (50.6 percent last season), but he’s been very turnover prone.
Mozgov came over to Denver from the Knicks as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
He was not a favorite of George Karl’s, now Brian Shaw will give him more of a chance. We will see what he can do with it.
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13