Jul 26, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Denver found its backup center — a guy already on their bench.
Mozgov played a very limited role for the Nuggets last season as the third center on the roster, but with the trade of Kosta Kufos to Memphis Mozgov will step into the backup role behind JaVale McGee. When he’s gotten on the court the past couple years for Denver he’s been a solid rebounder and shoots a good percentage (50.6 percent last season), but he’s been very turnover prone.
Mozgov came over to Denver from the Knicks as part of the Carmelo Anthony trade.
He was not a favorite of George Karl’s, now Brian Shaw will give him more of a chance. We will see what he can do with it.
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 0
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 58
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 47
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 24
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17