Jul 26, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
For a while it seemed likely that the Lamar Odom would find his way back to Los Angeles with either the Clippers or Lakers.
So then what about the Lakers… that doesn’t seem close, tweets the well connected Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Why is Lamar Odom coming around? He doesn’t have options.
But the Lakers are right to be leery — this is not the Sixth Man of the Year Odom. He had an unimpressive PER of 10.9 last season with the Clippers, and a PER of 9.2 the year with the Mavericks before that. After a couple seasons like that, why think he will even be an average player now? Plus, he and his wife are going through a tabloid-covered marital issue that would bring a different dynamic to the locker room.
The Lakers are bringing in 6’7” four Elias Harris (formerly of Gonzaga, drafted late in the second round) and while his deal is not guaranteed they are giving him a healthy buyout, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. There is interest there.
The Lakers have a roster spot or two left to hand out, but they apparently are not interested in making Odom that guy.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 5
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 25
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 19
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)