Jul 26, 2013, 8:59 PM EST
For a while it seemed likely that the Lamar Odom would find his way back to Los Angeles with either the Clippers or Lakers.
So then what about the Lakers… that doesn’t seem close, tweets the well connected Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Why is Lamar Odom coming around? He doesn’t have options.
But the Lakers are right to be leery — this is not the Sixth Man of the Year Odom. He had an unimpressive PER of 10.9 last season with the Clippers, and a PER of 9.2 the year with the Mavericks before that. After a couple seasons like that, why think he will even be an average player now? Plus, he and his wife are going through a tabloid-covered marital issue that would bring a different dynamic to the locker room.
The Lakers are bringing in 6’7” four Elias Harris (formerly of Gonzaga, drafted late in the second round) and while his deal is not guaranteed they are giving him a healthy buyout, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. There is interest there.
The Lakers have a roster spot or two left to hand out, but they apparently are not interested in making Odom that guy.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)