Jul 26, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
For a while it seemed likely that the Lamar Odom would find his way back to Los Angeles with either the Clippers or Lakers.
So then what about the Lakers… that doesn’t seem close, tweets the well connected Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Why is Lamar Odom coming around? He doesn’t have options.
But the Lakers are right to be leery — this is not the Sixth Man of the Year Odom. He had an unimpressive PER of 10.9 last season with the Clippers, and a PER of 9.2 the year with the Mavericks before that. After a couple seasons like that, why think he will even be an average player now? Plus, he and his wife are going through a tabloid-covered marital issue that would bring a different dynamic to the locker room.
The Lakers are bringing in 6’7” four Elias Harris (formerly of Gonzaga, drafted late in the second round) and while his deal is not guaranteed they are giving him a healthy buyout, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. There is interest there.
The Lakers have a roster spot or two left to hand out, but they apparently are not interested in making Odom that guy.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 8
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 18
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6