Jul 26, 2013, 8:59 PM EDT
For a while it seemed likely that the Lamar Odom would find his way back to Los Angeles with either the Clippers or Lakers.
So then what about the Lakers… that doesn’t seem close, tweets the well connected Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register.
Why is Lamar Odom coming around? He doesn’t have options.
But the Lakers are right to be leery — this is not the Sixth Man of the Year Odom. He had an unimpressive PER of 10.9 last season with the Clippers, and a PER of 9.2 the year with the Mavericks before that. After a couple seasons like that, why think he will even be an average player now? Plus, he and his wife are going through a tabloid-covered marital issue that would bring a different dynamic to the locker room.
The Lakers are bringing in 6’7” four Elias Harris (formerly of Gonzaga, drafted late in the second round) and while his deal is not guaranteed they are giving him a healthy buyout, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. There is interest there.
The Lakers have a roster spot or two left to hand out, but they apparently are not interested in making Odom that guy.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 7
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 28
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 47
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 21
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22