Jul 26, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Alan Anderson Is a 30-year-old (31 early next season) guard who can knock down open outside shots and provide depth to a team that pictures itself a contender.
Say… the Brooklyn Nets.
Anderson has reached a deal with Brooklyn, something tweeted out by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, then confirmed by Anderson himself (if you can trust him as a source… I kid, I kid).
Anderson will be on the bench behind Joe Johnson and Jason Terry. He’s not going to get a lot of run, but he’ll be solid when he does; he’s a career 34.9 percent shooter from three. It’s a two-year deal. Not a game changer, but a solid pickup.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13