Jul 26, 2013, 3:21 PM EDT
Alan Anderson Is a 30-year-old (31 early next season) guard who can knock down open outside shots and provide depth to a team that pictures itself a contender.
Say… the Brooklyn Nets.
Anderson has reached a deal with Brooklyn, something tweeted out by Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports, then confirmed by Anderson himself (if you can trust him as a source… I kid, I kid).
I wanna thank the Toronto raptors and the fans for all the love and support…..now I'm off to BROOKLYN!!—
Alan Anderson (@ASqared06) July 26, 2013
Anderson will be on the bench behind Joe Johnson and Jason Terry. He’s not going to get a lot of run, but he’ll be solid when he does; he’s a career 34.9 percent shooter from three. It’s a two-year deal. Not a game changer, but a solid pickup.
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 0
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 16
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18