Jul 26, 2013, 1:57 AM EDT
He’s had enough of World Peace, time to move on. I guess.
Just before the season started in 2011 then Laker Ron Artest has his name legally changed to Metta World Peace.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is.”
He also said this would not be a legal name change — as he did to move from Artest to World Peace — so on the back of his Knicks jersey will be World Peace. But he will want to be called Art Vandelay. Or Hank Chinaski. Or Zorro or whatever it is.
Whatever it is, welcome to having World Peace — or whatever it is — on your team, New York.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 13
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 22
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30