Jul 26, 2013, 1:57 AM EST
He’s had enough of World Peace, time to move on. I guess.
Just before the season started in 2011 then Laker Ron Artest has his name legally changed to Metta World Peace.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is.”
He also said this would not be a legal name change — as he did to move from Artest to World Peace — so on the back of his Knicks jersey will be World Peace. But he will want to be called Art Vandelay. Or Hank Chinaski. Or Zorro or whatever it is.
Whatever it is, welcome to having World Peace — or whatever it is — on your team, New York.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1