Jul 26, 2013, 1:57 AM EDT
He’s had enough of World Peace, time to move on. I guess.
Just before the season started in 2011 then Laker Ron Artest has his name legally changed to Metta World Peace.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is.”
He also said this would not be a legal name change — as he did to move from Artest to World Peace — so on the back of his Knicks jersey will be World Peace. But he will want to be called Art Vandelay. Or Hank Chinaski. Or Zorro or whatever it is.
Whatever it is, welcome to having World Peace — or whatever it is — on your team, New York.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 79
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20