Jul 26, 2013, 1:57 AM EDT
He’s had enough of World Peace, time to move on. I guess.
Just before the season started in 2011 then Laker Ron Artest has his name legally changed to Metta World Peace.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is.”
He also said this would not be a legal name change — as he did to move from Artest to World Peace — so on the back of his Knicks jersey will be World Peace. But he will want to be called Art Vandelay. Or Hank Chinaski. Or Zorro or whatever it is.
Whatever it is, welcome to having World Peace — or whatever it is — on your team, New York.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 6
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20