Jul 26, 2013, 1:57 AM EST
He’s had enough of World Peace, time to move on. I guess.
Just before the season started in 2011 then Laker Ron Artest has his name legally changed to Metta World Peace.
“We are going to do a name change, but I can’t tell you what it is.”
He also said this would not be a legal name change — as he did to move from Artest to World Peace — so on the back of his Knicks jersey will be World Peace. But he will want to be called Art Vandelay. Or Hank Chinaski. Or Zorro or whatever it is.
Whatever it is, welcome to having World Peace — or whatever it is — on your team, New York.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6