Jul 26, 2013, 4:35 PM EDT
Maybe LeBron James really does work out to Imagine Dragons.
But I seriously doubt it. This has bugged me for a while – we’ve all seen that LeBron James/Powerbeats commercial more than we ever wanted, does anybody really think he gets his sweat in to Imagine Dragons? Anyone?
But apparently he does like them because he is personally picking the music for NBA 2K14, the company announced this week, and Imagine Dragons made the cut of artists whose music will show up on the soundtrack.
“2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year’s soundtrack,” James said in a released statement. “I love that I’m the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack.”
Last year Jay-Z did the music for the game.
The AP reports songs on the game’s soundtrack include: Drake’s “Started From The Bottom,” Phil Collins’ “In the Air Tonight,” Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky,” featuring Pharrell Williams and Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’ “Can’t Hold Us,” with Ray Dalton. Other music acts featured are Jay-Z, Coldplay, Robin Thicke, The Black Keys, Eminem, Fly Union, Gorillaz, Imagine Dragons, Jadakiss, John Legend, Kanye West, Rick Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Nas and Puff Daddy.
I don’t think you can go anywhere and be safe from Daft Punk right now.
As for the rest of the list… lose Phil Collins and I’m good with it.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 1
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 1
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 2
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 25
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 6
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 7
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 8
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15