Harrison Barnes with a massive throw-down on Ryan Anderson at the USA Basketball showcase (VIDEO)

Jul 26, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT

LAS VEGAS – Kyrie Irving and Anthony Davis were the stars of the USA Basketball showcase on Thursday, but this dunk from Harrison Barnes might have been the night’s greatest highlight.

Ryan Anderson was victimized here, and while Barnes finished with 18 points in just 13 minutes, 10 of those came in the fourth quarter in garbage time when the game had already been decided.

None of that, however, makes this throw-down any less impressive.

1. aboogy123456 - Jul 26, 2013 at 8:13 AM

I love Barnes’ potential. I think he will soon be the best player on the warriors.

• norcalkingsfan - Jul 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM

You’re talking about the Golden State Warrios? The team that Steph Curry plays for?

• money2long - Jul 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

he forgot , i hope

• aboogy123456 - Jul 26, 2013 at 3:39 PM

yes the warriors. Curry is better now but barnes has the athleticism that curry doesn’t have. He’s a walking mismatch, he’s too quick for power forwards, and has a post up game he can use on small forwards. He’s the complete package, and considering his defense and athleticism on both ends of the floor, he has a higher ceiling than Curry. Curry is a great player, but injury prone, and really how much better can he get?

• money2long - Jul 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM

with barnes , one word, inconsistent. don’t take that the wrong way. that just means some nights he disappears. not that he isn’t as talented as you describe.

curry however, can be a franchise player because you expect him to bring it nightly. and that’s where the two differ in terms of who will be the better player. i have no doubt in my mind curry will have the better career.

2. sportsguy88 - Jul 26, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Seriously.. Fix the video problem for the iPhone app. This is getting annoying.

• 00maltliquor - Jul 26, 2013 at 1:08 PM

@ sportsguy88

I know, right! I’ve had the app forever but I use it sparingly. I’d rather use the web on my phone to do my PBTing. They need to put the thumbs up/down option on the comment section too. Don’t know what on God’s green Earth is taking so long for the upgrade.

3. dezglobal - Jul 26, 2013 at 9:06 AM

This kid is gonna do well.

4. beaverdam21 - Jul 27, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Wish he were still back at UNC.

Stephenson goes elsewhere for his future
Top 10 NBA Player Searches