Jul 25, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
LAS VEGAS – USA Basketball will wrap up its four-day mini-camp on Thursday with an intra-squad showcase that will be played in front of fans at the Thomas and Mack Center on the campus of UNLV, and televised nationally on NBA TV.
The rosters have been set for what is essentially an All-Star game where the players will actually be going all out, considering that effort and team play is being evaluated above all else by Jerry Colangelo, Mike Krzyzewski, and the rest of the Team USA brain trust.
Here is the way the teams will shake out:
62 Greg Monroe
51 Dion Waiters
26 Kemba Walker
50 John Wall G
Coach: Tom Thibodeau, Chicago Bulls
20 Mike Conley
29 Paul George
27 Jrue Holiday
23 Kyrie Irving
21 Ty Lawson
38 Tyler Zelle
Coach: Monty Williams, New Orleans Pelicans
NBA TV will air what is officially called the 2013 USA Basketball Showcase Presented by Nike on Thursday, July 25, at 6 p.m. Pacific.
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 2
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 53
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15