Jul 25, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
After the Toronto Raptors amnestied Linas Kleiza this summer, he said it was likely he would play in Europe next season.
That has come to pass.
Breaking News: Fenerbahce Ulker and Linas Kleiza agreed in principles for one of biggest move in Tr basketball history, two years contarct—
Uğur Türker (@ugrturker) July 25, 2013
Spears confirmed that Kleiza will be the highest paid player in Europe.
Kleiza played seven years in the NBA between Denver and Toronto. Last season he played in just 20 games for the Raptors and averaged 7.4 points per game. He has a versatile game — he can play back to the basket or hit threes — but his efficiency has slipped over the years. So did his role along with it. He’s also not strong on the defensive end.
But that’s not the NBA’s problem anymore.
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed to, team to stay in Milwaukee 7
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 13
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 17
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14