Jul 25, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
After the Toronto Raptors amnestied Linas Kleiza this summer, he said it was likely he would play in Europe next season.
That has come to pass.
Spears confirmed that Kleiza will be the highest paid player in Europe.
Kleiza played seven years in the NBA between Denver and Toronto. Last season he played in just 20 games for the Raptors and averaged 7.4 points per game. He has a versatile game — he can play back to the basket or hit threes — but his efficiency has slipped over the years. So did his role along with it. He’s also not strong on the defensive end.
But that’s not the NBA’s problem anymore.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4