Jul 25, 2013, 10:48 AM EST
After the Toronto Raptors amnestied Linas Kleiza this summer, he said it was likely he would play in Europe next season.
That has come to pass.
Spears confirmed that Kleiza will be the highest paid player in Europe.
Kleiza played seven years in the NBA between Denver and Toronto. Last season he played in just 20 games for the Raptors and averaged 7.4 points per game. He has a versatile game — he can play back to the basket or hit threes — but his efficiency has slipped over the years. So did his role along with it. He’s also not strong on the defensive end.
But that’s not the NBA’s problem anymore.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 0
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 11
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 23
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 3
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11