Jul 25, 2013, 10:48 AM EDT
After the Toronto Raptors amnestied Linas Kleiza this summer, he said it was likely he would play in Europe next season.
That has come to pass.
Spears confirmed that Kleiza will be the highest paid player in Europe.
Kleiza played seven years in the NBA between Denver and Toronto. Last season he played in just 20 games for the Raptors and averaged 7.4 points per game. He has a versatile game — he can play back to the basket or hit threes — but his efficiency has slipped over the years. So did his role along with it. He’s also not strong on the defensive end.
But that’s not the NBA’s problem anymore.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 14
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32