Jul 25, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
The Lakers will face the Rockets first on Nov. 7 in Houston, something first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo Sports and confirmed by Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register on Sulia. The full NBA schedule for next season should come out in the next several days, but some games are starting to leak out.
Kobe is aiming to be back from his Achilles tendon surgery for the start of the season — which will be Oct. 29 for the Lakers against the Clippers, first game of a back-to-back with Golden State — but it could be later into November or even early December when Kobe returns.
He should be good by Christmas, when the Lakers are scheduled to host the Heat.
The Lakers other games against the Rockets will be Feb. 19 (in Los Angeles), Jan. 8 (Houston) and April 8 (Los Angeles).
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 9
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5