Jul 25, 2013, 12:54 AM EST
The Lakers will face the Rockets first on Nov. 7 in Houston, something first reported by Adrian Wojnarowski at Yahoo Sports and confirmed by Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register on Sulia. The full NBA schedule for next season should come out in the next several days, but some games are starting to leak out.
Kobe is aiming to be back from his Achilles tendon surgery for the start of the season — which will be Oct. 29 for the Lakers against the Clippers, first game of a back-to-back with Golden State — but it could be later into November or even early December when Kobe returns.
He should be good by Christmas, when the Lakers are scheduled to host the Heat.
The Lakers other games against the Rockets will be Feb. 19 (in Los Angeles), Jan. 8 (Houston) and April 8 (Los Angeles).
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 0
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 15
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5