Jul 25, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
We’ve been telling you for a couple weeks now that Jonas Valanciunas turned a lot of heads with his play at the Las Vegas Summer League. He got named the Vegas Summer League MVP for a reason.
We we’re the only one who noticed.
Raptors coach Dwane Casey did as well. He said told Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun that the improvements in Valanciunas’ game and DeMar DeRozan’s game were going to alter the Raptors offense next season.
All of this has Raptors fans dreaming of the playoffs in the East — and that’s not an impossible dream. They could be in the mix for a 7-8 seed, but we need to see how the team comes together — and how it defends — first.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14