Jul 25, 2013, 2:56 PM EST
We’ve been telling you for a couple weeks now that Jonas Valanciunas turned a lot of heads with his play at the Las Vegas Summer League. He got named the Vegas Summer League MVP for a reason.
We we’re the only one who noticed.
Raptors coach Dwane Casey did as well. He said told Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun that the improvements in Valanciunas’ game and DeMar DeRozan’s game were going to alter the Raptors offense next season.
All of this has Raptors fans dreaming of the playoffs in the East — and that’s not an impossible dream. They could be in the mix for a 7-8 seed, but we need to see how the team comes together — and how it defends — first.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20