Jul 25, 2013, 2:56 PM EST
We’ve been telling you for a couple weeks now that Jonas Valanciunas turned a lot of heads with his play at the Las Vegas Summer League. He got named the Vegas Summer League MVP for a reason.
We we’re the only one who noticed.
Raptors coach Dwane Casey did as well. He said told Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun that the improvements in Valanciunas’ game and DeMar DeRozan’s game were going to alter the Raptors offense next season.
All of this has Raptors fans dreaming of the playoffs in the East — and that’s not an impossible dream. They could be in the mix for a 7-8 seed, but we need to see how the team comes together — and how it defends — first.
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 6
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 5
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 23
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8
- LeBron James, Stephen Curry leading in early All-Star voting returns 30
- PBT Christmas Day preview: Late game between Clippers and Warriors will see league’s best rivalry renewed 1
- PBT Extra: Top 5 NBA stories of 2014 0