Jul 25, 2013, 2:56 PM EDT
We’ve been telling you for a couple weeks now that Jonas Valanciunas turned a lot of heads with his play at the Las Vegas Summer League. He got named the Vegas Summer League MVP for a reason.
We we’re the only one who noticed.
Raptors coach Dwane Casey did as well. He said told Ryan Wolstat of the Toronto Sun that the improvements in Valanciunas’ game and DeMar DeRozan’s game were going to alter the Raptors offense next season.
All of this has Raptors fans dreaming of the playoffs in the East — and that’s not an impossible dream. They could be in the mix for a 7-8 seed, but we need to see how the team comes together — and how it defends — first.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 13
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 94
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 10
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17