Jul 24, 2013, 1:17 AM EDT
Glen Davis broke his foot back on Jan. 30 and was forced to miss the rest of the season.
Then a couple weeks ago Big Baby had a second surgery to replace a screw in his foot from the first surgery.
That’s a lot of foot surgeries for a guy whose job it is to run up and down a hard wood for 82 games. However, the first reports said he could return to basketball activities later this summer and be ready for camp.
But Davis underwent surgery earlier this month to replace a screw in his left foot, and team officials will not rush him as he continues his rehabilitation. There’s a possibility Davis won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
That would likely mean more minutes for Jason Maxiell.
I’d say this could make the start of the season tougher for the Magic, but really every part of the season is going to be tough for the Magic.
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 31
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 57
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 89
- Report: Heat offer Chris Bosh full max contract to keep him from Rockets 26
- PBT Extra: LeBron James returns to Cleveland to try and cement legacy 18
- Deal set: Lakers trade for Jeremy Lin, which for L.A. is largely about draft pick (as is Gasol for Boozer idea) 38