Jul 24, 2013, 1:17 AM EST
Glen Davis broke his foot back on Jan. 30 and was forced to miss the rest of the season.
Then a couple weeks ago Big Baby had a second surgery to replace a screw in his foot from the first surgery.
That’s a lot of foot surgeries for a guy whose job it is to run up and down a hard wood for 82 games. However, the first reports said he could return to basketball activities later this summer and be ready for camp.
But Davis underwent surgery earlier this month to replace a screw in his left foot, and team officials will not rush him as he continues his rehabilitation. There’s a possibility Davis won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
That would likely mean more minutes for Jason Maxiell.
I’d say this could make the start of the season tougher for the Magic, but really every part of the season is going to be tough for the Magic.
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 0
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10