Jul 24, 2013, 1:17 AM EDT
Glen Davis broke his foot back on Jan. 30 and was forced to miss the rest of the season.
Then a couple weeks ago Big Baby had a second surgery to replace a screw in his foot from the first surgery.
That’s a lot of foot surgeries for a guy whose job it is to run up and down a hard wood for 82 games. However, the first reports said he could return to basketball activities later this summer and be ready for camp.
But Davis underwent surgery earlier this month to replace a screw in his left foot, and team officials will not rush him as he continues his rehabilitation. There’s a possibility Davis won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
That would likely mean more minutes for Jason Maxiell.
I’d say this could make the start of the season tougher for the Magic, but really every part of the season is going to be tough for the Magic.
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 0
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 7
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 3
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 24
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 12