Jul 24, 2013, 1:17 AM EDT
Glen Davis broke his foot back on Jan. 30 and was forced to miss the rest of the season.
Then a couple weeks ago Big Baby had a second surgery to replace a screw in his foot from the first surgery.
That’s a lot of foot surgeries for a guy whose job it is to run up and down a hard wood for 82 games. However, the first reports said he could return to basketball activities later this summer and be ready for camp.
But Davis underwent surgery earlier this month to replace a screw in his left foot, and team officials will not rush him as he continues his rehabilitation. There’s a possibility Davis won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
That would likely mean more minutes for Jason Maxiell.
I’d say this could make the start of the season tougher for the Magic, but really every part of the season is going to be tough for the Magic.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6