Jul 24, 2013, 1:17 AM EDT
Glen Davis broke his foot back on Jan. 30 and was forced to miss the rest of the season.
Then a couple weeks ago Big Baby had a second surgery to replace a screw in his foot from the first surgery.
That’s a lot of foot surgeries for a guy whose job it is to run up and down a hard wood for 82 games. However, the first reports said he could return to basketball activities later this summer and be ready for camp.
But Davis underwent surgery earlier this month to replace a screw in his left foot, and team officials will not rush him as he continues his rehabilitation. There’s a possibility Davis won’t be ready for the start of the regular season.
That would likely mean more minutes for Jason Maxiell.
I’d say this could make the start of the season tougher for the Magic, but really every part of the season is going to be tough for the Magic.
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 0
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 7
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 44