Jul 24, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
If you are looking for the most powerful power forward of all time, Karl Malone is your guy.
These highlights have plenty of that power, but Malone was more than that. Check out the fade-away jumpers, the running hooks, the touch around the rim — what made Malone hard to stop was you had to respect the power moves and when he did he beat you with his soft touch and quality jumper. Also, he had a fantastic understanding of spacing and how to find space on the pick-and-roll to get the ball back from John Stockton.
You don’t score 36,928 points in the NBA (second most all time) on accident.
Happy birthday to the mailman, who turns 50 on Wednesday.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 75
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32