Jul 24, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
If you are looking for the most powerful power forward of all time, Karl Malone is your guy.
These highlights have plenty of that power, but Malone was more than that. Check out the fade-away jumpers, the running hooks, the touch around the rim — what made Malone hard to stop was you had to respect the power moves and when he did he beat you with his soft touch and quality jumper. Also, he had a fantastic understanding of spacing and how to find space on the pick-and-roll to get the ball back from John Stockton.
You don’t score 36,928 points in the NBA (second most all time) on accident.
Happy birthday to the mailman, who turns 50 on Wednesday.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 0
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 40
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 53
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16