Jul 24, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
If you are looking for the most powerful power forward of all time, Karl Malone is your guy.
These highlights have plenty of that power, but Malone was more than that. Check out the fade-away jumpers, the running hooks, the touch around the rim — what made Malone hard to stop was you had to respect the power moves and when he did he beat you with his soft touch and quality jumper. Also, he had a fantastic understanding of spacing and how to find space on the pick-and-roll to get the ball back from John Stockton.
You don’t score 36,928 points in the NBA (second most all time) on accident.
Happy birthday to the mailman, who turns 50 on Wednesday.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 24
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 4
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 59
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6