Jul 24, 2013, 12:48 PM EST
If you are looking for the most powerful power forward of all time, Karl Malone is your guy.
These highlights have plenty of that power, but Malone was more than that. Check out the fade-away jumpers, the running hooks, the touch around the rim — what made Malone hard to stop was you had to respect the power moves and when he did he beat you with his soft touch and quality jumper. Also, he had a fantastic understanding of spacing and how to find space on the pick-and-roll to get the ball back from John Stockton.
You don’t score 36,928 points in the NBA (second most all time) on accident.
Happy birthday to the mailman, who turns 50 on Wednesday.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 13
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31