Jul 24, 2013, 12:48 PM EDT
If you are looking for the most powerful power forward of all time, Karl Malone is your guy.
These highlights have plenty of that power, but Malone was more than that. Check out the fade-away jumpers, the running hooks, the touch around the rim — what made Malone hard to stop was you had to respect the power moves and when he did he beat you with his soft touch and quality jumper. Also, he had a fantastic understanding of spacing and how to find space on the pick-and-roll to get the ball back from John Stockton.
You don’t score 36,928 points in the NBA (second most all time) on accident.
Happy birthday to the mailman, who turns 50 on Wednesday.
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 18
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24