Jul 23, 2013, 8:19 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points more than Americans love baby English monarchs… well maybe not that much.
• Three years later, the murder of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright has still not been solved.
• Here is a Q&A with future No. 1 overall pick Andrew Wiggins.
• If you missed this, Pat Riley thought the Heat should have gotten a luxury tax break with the big three. He was serious.
• The Raptors are planning to play Quincy Acy to the three. Also, Toronto’s DeMar DeRozan is working on his three point shot this summer (which is good as Rudy Gay takes over the slasher role on that team).
• Rip Hamilton is considering his free agent options.
• Speaking of Thibs, here is a good Q&A with him about the Bulls plans for next season.
• Danny Ainge’s son can play ball, and is getting noticed on the recruiting trail.
• Despite some earlier reports, the Nets are not going to buyout Bojan Bogdanovic’s contract with his European team.
• The Rockets reached a make-good deal with B.J. Young (he does not have an assured roster spot).
• There is a 22-minute video on the web of Jerry Stackhouse fishing with Top Chef head judge Tom Colicchio (who also owns some amazing restaurants, although his palate seems to run toward rich flavors based on my meal there). The guys at The Basketball Jones have the video and a running diary for you.
• Finally, here is LeBron James sort of getting dunked on by a teenager from the Philippines. But not really. This was part of Kobe Bryant and Nike’s annual trip through Asia to promote the brand.
- PBT Extra: Will anyone step up and be third scorer for Cavaliers in Game 2? 9
- Doc Rivers on whether Chris Paul plays in Game 2 vs. Rockets: ‘Right now, I just don’t think so’ 3
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 18
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 6
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23