Jul 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
We all remember Blake Griffin dunking over a car with a lob from Baron Davis out of the sunroof to win the Dunk Contest in what became the ultimate prop dunk. Even if JaVale McGee should have won that dunk contest we all remember Blake… and the Kia commercials that followed.
Except that really wasn’t all that great a dunk (I mean, better than I could ever do but compared to other dunks in that contest). It was flashy, there was a gospel choir sining in the background and everything, but it was a simple lob dunk over the hood of a car.
That video above, that is a dunk over a car.
It is Team Flight Brothers’ Guy Dupuy’s going between the legs over a car. Impressive.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie for finding that.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34