Jul 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
We all remember Blake Griffin dunking over a car with a lob from Baron Davis out of the sunroof to win the Dunk Contest in what became the ultimate prop dunk. Even if JaVale McGee should have won that dunk contest we all remember Blake… and the Kia commercials that followed.
Except that really wasn’t all that great a dunk (I mean, better than I could ever do but compared to other dunks in that contest). It was flashy, there was a gospel choir sining in the background and everything, but it was a simple lob dunk over the hood of a car.
That video above, that is a dunk over a car.
It is Team Flight Brothers’ Guy Dupuy’s going between the legs over a car. Impressive.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie for finding that.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 13
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 21
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 31
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 24
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2