Jul 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EST
We all remember Blake Griffin dunking over a car with a lob from Baron Davis out of the sunroof to win the Dunk Contest in what became the ultimate prop dunk. Even if JaVale McGee should have won that dunk contest we all remember Blake… and the Kia commercials that followed.
Except that really wasn’t all that great a dunk (I mean, better than I could ever do but compared to other dunks in that contest). It was flashy, there was a gospel choir sining in the background and everything, but it was a simple lob dunk over the hood of a car.
That video above, that is a dunk over a car.
It is Team Flight Brothers’ Guy Dupuy’s going between the legs over a car. Impressive.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie for finding that.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42