Jul 23, 2013, 12:56 PM EDT
We all remember Blake Griffin dunking over a car with a lob from Baron Davis out of the sunroof to win the Dunk Contest in what became the ultimate prop dunk. Even if JaVale McGee should have won that dunk contest we all remember Blake… and the Kia commercials that followed.
Except that really wasn’t all that great a dunk (I mean, better than I could ever do but compared to other dunks in that contest). It was flashy, there was a gospel choir sining in the background and everything, but it was a simple lob dunk over the hood of a car.
That video above, that is a dunk over a car.
It is Team Flight Brothers’ Guy Dupuy’s going between the legs over a car. Impressive.
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie for finding that.
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 0
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 28
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 17
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 42
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 15
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6