Jul 23, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
I feel like I have beat this drum for a while — the explanation of why Brandon Jennings is not getting the kind of offers from teams he thought he would. He’s not a bad player, he’s an above average point guard, but the flaws in his game make it very hard to build around him. His shot selection is terrible and he is not a good defender. Teams have serious questions about if those flaws can be corrected.
So rather than me beating you over the head with it again, here is Coach Nick of BBallBreakdown.com to take a turn explaining the problems, complete with video. (One of the fun parts of Summer League for me is getting to meet other basketball writers I love to read, and get to hang out with them. Got to spend with Coach Nick in Vegas and he is a great guy, if not a great table tennis player.)
The Bucks are looking for a sign-and-trade partner for Jennings, but that market is baren.It looks like he will be forced to take the $4.3 million qualifying offer with the Bucks, kind of a shotgun forced marriage for one more year. Thing is, if Jennings thinks the market is going to be dramatically different next season when he is an unrestricted free agent he is in for a shock. This video explains why.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 11
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48