Jul 23, 2013, 12:01 AM EDT
I feel like I have beat this drum for a while — the explanation of why Brandon Jennings is not getting the kind of offers from teams he thought he would. He’s not a bad player, he’s an above average point guard, but the flaws in his game make it very hard to build around him. His shot selection is terrible and he is not a good defender. Teams have serious questions about if those flaws can be corrected.
So rather than me beating you over the head with it again, here is Coach Nick of BBallBreakdown.com to take a turn explaining the problems, complete with video. (One of the fun parts of Summer League for me is getting to meet other basketball writers I love to read, and get to hang out with them. Got to spend with Coach Nick in Vegas and he is a great guy, if not a great table tennis player.)
The Bucks are looking for a sign-and-trade partner for Jennings, but that market is baren.It looks like he will be forced to take the $4.3 million qualifying offer with the Bucks, kind of a shotgun forced marriage for one more year. Thing is, if Jennings thinks the market is going to be dramatically different next season when he is an unrestricted free agent he is in for a shock. This video explains why.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10