Jul 23, 2013, 2:59 PM EST
What, you were expecting names and details?
We know how Charles Barkley feels about the Sixers dragged out coaching search. When Philadelphia introduced Nerlens Noel to the media Tuesday you knew GM Sam Hinkie was going to have to answer questions about where the search stands and why it is dragging on. And he did. In the most vague way he could.
I’d put a quote in here if he said anything interesting, but he dodged that bullet like it’s the Matrix.
The Sixers are in no rush to get the deal done. Hinkie wants a guy he can build a team with over the long haul. The Sixers are going to be terrible next season as they are one of the teams going “woeful for Wiggins” and wherever they land in the draft they think with Noel they will have a couple young pieces to the puzzle. They need a coach who can develop that talent.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 9
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8