Jul 23, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
What, you were expecting names and details?
We know how Charles Barkley feels about the Sixers dragged out coaching search. When Philadelphia introduced Nerlens Noel to the media Tuesday you knew GM Sam Hinkie was going to have to answer questions about where the search stands and why it is dragging on. And he did. In the most vague way he could.
I’d put a quote in here if he said anything interesting, but he dodged that bullet like it’s the Matrix.
The Sixers are in no rush to get the deal done. Hinkie wants a guy he can build a team with over the long haul. The Sixers are going to be terrible next season as they are one of the teams going “woeful for Wiggins” and wherever they land in the draft they think with Noel they will have a couple young pieces to the puzzle. They need a coach who can develop that talent.
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 9
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 18
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 7
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90