Jul 23, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
What, you were expecting names and details?
We know how Charles Barkley feels about the Sixers dragged out coaching search. When Philadelphia introduced Nerlens Noel to the media Tuesday you knew GM Sam Hinkie was going to have to answer questions about where the search stands and why it is dragging on. And he did. In the most vague way he could.
I’d put a quote in here if he said anything interesting, but he dodged that bullet like it’s the Matrix.
The Sixers are in no rush to get the deal done. Hinkie wants a guy he can build a team with over the long haul. The Sixers are going to be terrible next season as they are one of the teams going “woeful for Wiggins” and wherever they land in the draft they think with Noel they will have a couple young pieces to the puzzle. They need a coach who can develop that talent.
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 46
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 64
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 19
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 39
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 30
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3