Jul 23, 2013, 7:08 PM EST
It’s not quite the Royal Baby, but on the list of things that have gotten too much press this summer we bring you…
Greg Oden is nearing a decision.
Apparently it is going to come some time next week, which means with the Royal Baby out of the way we can all set up camp and go on “Oden Watch 2013.” Marc Spears at Yahoo with the latest.
Oden, the former No. 1 pick and potential solid defensive player in the post, worked out this week for the Heat, Kings and Pelicans (one joint workout). Team are preparing and in some cases have made offers, the rest have done their due diligence on the knees that has kept the former No. 1 overall pick out of the NBA since 2009.
The Heat and Spurs are considered the favorites to land Oden, because they can give him defined roles and a chance to win. New Orleans is selling the prospect of being out of the spotlight that the Heat and Spurs would bring. Dallas has a great training staff. Sacramento and Atlanta have their upsides as well.
I guess we’ll find out his decision next week. Unless we don’t. It’s summer, it’s not like the rest of us have anything to do, so take your time.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9