Jul 23, 2013, 7:08 PM EDT
It’s not quite the Royal Baby, but on the list of things that have gotten too much press this summer we bring you…
Greg Oden is nearing a decision.
Apparently it is going to come some time next week, which means with the Royal Baby out of the way we can all set up camp and go on “Oden Watch 2013.” Marc Spears at Yahoo with the latest.
Oden, the former No. 1 pick and potential solid defensive player in the post, worked out this week for the Heat, Kings and Pelicans (one joint workout). Team are preparing and in some cases have made offers, the rest have done their due diligence on the knees that has kept the former No. 1 overall pick out of the NBA since 2009.
The Heat and Spurs are considered the favorites to land Oden, because they can give him defined roles and a chance to win. New Orleans is selling the prospect of being out of the spotlight that the Heat and Spurs would bring. Dallas has a great training staff. Sacramento and Atlanta have their upsides as well.
I guess we’ll find out his decision next week. Unless we don’t. It’s summer, it’s not like the rest of us have anything to do, so take your time.
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 27
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 31
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 39
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 9
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6