Jul 23, 2013, 7:08 PM EST
It’s not quite the Royal Baby, but on the list of things that have gotten too much press this summer we bring you…
Greg Oden is nearing a decision.
Apparently it is going to come some time next week, which means with the Royal Baby out of the way we can all set up camp and go on “Oden Watch 2013.” Marc Spears at Yahoo with the latest.
Oden, the former No. 1 pick and potential solid defensive player in the post, worked out this week for the Heat, Kings and Pelicans (one joint workout). Team are preparing and in some cases have made offers, the rest have done their due diligence on the knees that has kept the former No. 1 overall pick out of the NBA since 2009.
The Heat and Spurs are considered the favorites to land Oden, because they can give him defined roles and a chance to win. New Orleans is selling the prospect of being out of the spotlight that the Heat and Spurs would bring. Dallas has a great training staff. Sacramento and Atlanta have their upsides as well.
I guess we’ll find out his decision next week. Unless we don’t. It’s summer, it’s not like the rest of us have anything to do, so take your time.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13