Jul 23, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
Brandan Wright has spent the past couple seasons in Dallas, and apparently he liked it because he is staying put.
The best unrestricted free agent scoring big man left on the market has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal his agent Jim Tanner told David Aldridge of NBA.com and TNT.
This is a nice retention by Dallas at a decent price. Last season Wright scored a career best 8.5 points a game on a very impressive 59.7 percent shooting. He’s an efficient finisher who doesn’t take a lot of bad shots, so he works well off the bench (18 minutes a game last season).
There are issues with Wright, starting with his defense. But he can play the four or the five so it gives Dallas some versatility up front, and his contract would not be hard to move as part of a larger deal down the line if Dallas wanted to.
Certainly not a game changer, but a nice solid get by Dallas.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 1
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 10
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 30
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29