Jul 23, 2013, 5:57 PM EST
Brandan Wright has spent the past couple seasons in Dallas, and apparently he liked it because he is staying put.
The best unrestricted free agent scoring big man left on the market has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal his agent Jim Tanner told David Aldridge of NBA.com and TNT.
This is a nice retention by Dallas at a decent price. Last season Wright scored a career best 8.5 points a game on a very impressive 59.7 percent shooting. He’s an efficient finisher who doesn’t take a lot of bad shots, so he works well off the bench (18 minutes a game last season).
There are issues with Wright, starting with his defense. But he can play the four or the five so it gives Dallas some versatility up front, and his contract would not be hard to move as part of a larger deal down the line if Dallas wanted to.
Certainly not a game changer, but a nice solid get by Dallas.
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 0
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 17
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 6
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 31
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 31