Jul 23, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
Brandan Wright has spent the past couple seasons in Dallas, and apparently he liked it because he is staying put.
The best unrestricted free agent scoring big man left on the market has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal his agent Jim Tanner told David Aldridge of NBA.com and TNT.
This is a nice retention by Dallas at a decent price. Last season Wright scored a career best 8.5 points a game on a very impressive 59.7 percent shooting. He’s an efficient finisher who doesn’t take a lot of bad shots, so he works well off the bench (18 minutes a game last season).
There are issues with Wright, starting with his defense. But he can play the four or the five so it gives Dallas some versatility up front, and his contract would not be hard to move as part of a larger deal down the line if Dallas wanted to.
Certainly not a game changer, but a nice solid get by Dallas.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 6
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 13
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5