Jul 23, 2013, 5:57 PM EDT
Brandan Wright has spent the past couple seasons in Dallas, and apparently he liked it because he is staying put.
The best unrestricted free agent scoring big man left on the market has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal his agent Jim Tanner told David Aldridge of NBA.com and TNT.
This is a nice retention by Dallas at a decent price. Last season Wright scored a career best 8.5 points a game on a very impressive 59.7 percent shooting. He’s an efficient finisher who doesn’t take a lot of bad shots, so he works well off the bench (18 minutes a game last season).
There are issues with Wright, starting with his defense. But he can play the four or the five so it gives Dallas some versatility up front, and his contract would not be hard to move as part of a larger deal down the line if Dallas wanted to.
Certainly not a game changer, but a nice solid get by Dallas.
- Bobcats fight to the end, but Heat come away with 2-0 series lead 2
- PBT Extra: How ’bout them Wizards? 11
- Phil Jackson wants Carmelo Anthony to take less money to re-sign with Knicks 53
- Report: Frank Vogel “coaching for his job” in wake of team’s slide 20
- Phoenix’s Goran Dragic runs away with Most Improved Player 15