Jul 23, 2013, 2:11 PM EST
Dwyane Wade’s ex-wife was on the streets of Chicago making an foolish spectacle of herself last week, the latest in an the ugly divorce between the two — which involved a nasty custody battle that was good for nobody — that has dragged on for six years.
After a judge ruled on Monday, apparently this is done. Let’s hope so, for the sake of the families involved. Plus I don’t want to hear about it anymore.
Wade will pay his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches-Wade $5 million, she will get one of the couple’s large homes and four cars, according to the Sun-Times. Wade had supported his wife with $25,000 a month payments through the process and even paid for her attorneys.
The two sides also signed a “non-disparage” agreement as part of the settlement. We’ll see how that goes. On Monday Funches-Wade’s lawyer was arguing she had not agreed to all the provisions in the settlement (which had been submitted to the court already) but the judge said she had and made the settlement final. After the hearing she reportedly said that she did not like the decision and that “my voice isn’t for sale.”
Wade won custody of their children back in 2011.
“Dwyane Wade and his ex-wife Siohvaughn Funches have reached a financial settlement. The agreement was submitted in court last Tuesday, July 16 prior to Ms. Funches’ recent unfounded and erratic public display outside the courthouse this past Friday. Dwyane Wade has made several requests over the years to settle this matter, despite Ms. Funches having 16 different attorneys and 2 arrests throughout this process. Mr. Wade has provided a very generous settlement to Ms. Funches to continue to live a wonderful lifestyle for the rest of her life.”
This has been about as ugly a divorce as you’re going to see. Let’s hope this ends it and everyone can move on.
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 2
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25